Broadcom Customer Care

• 1.  Migration of Communities User ID to another User ID/email address?

Posted Jan 07, 2019 01:20 PM

Team,

What is the process to migrate an older userID to a new userID on CA Communities?

Cheers,

Alan Baugher

• 2.  Re: Migration of Communities User ID to another User ID/email address?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 08, 2019 09:17 AM

Hi Alan, 

We have created a case for this request and will send you an email privately for more details. 

Regards, 

Heena

• 3.  Re: Migration of Communities User ID to another User ID/email address?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 10, 2019 04:49 PM

I suspect many of us have this same question having now migrated from CA to Broadcom and now HCL since our ca.com email accounts will eventually stop working.  Is there a general solution that could be publicized, or will this continue to be handled on a case-by-case basis?

• 4.  Re: Migration of Communities User ID to another User ID/email address?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 11, 2019 01:01 AM

Hi Richard, 

Since you want to have your CA account migrated to a new account, I suggest you, contact CA GIS before your CA or Broadcom accounts get deactivated. 

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact the Customer Assistance team by calling +1-800-225-5224 or refer to  Contact CA Support - CA Technologies  if you are calling from outside the USA.

Regards, 

Heena

• 5.  Re: Migration of Communities User ID to another User ID/email address?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 11, 2019 04:49 PM

I contacted CA Support and was advised I would not have employee access rights if my email address were changed to an HCL.com.  The support rep suggested that many systems are being converted and that I should wait for notification from "management" regarding when to request the email address associated with my communities profile be changed.  I'm opting to stand by for the time being and will hope for the best.

I'm just one of hundreds (thousands?) of ex-CA employees who now work for HCL and will have the same issue.  I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated if any further detail regarding conversion of Communities to an HCL-branded asset and specifics regarding the email address in our profiles could be posted here and/or widely communicated.

• 6.  Re: Migration of Communities User ID to another User ID/email address?

Posted Jan 18, 2019 10:01 AM

I have contacted CA Support, CA GIS, and CA HR and no current resolution at this time (1/18/19)

• 7.  Re: Migration of Communities User ID to another User ID/email address?

Posted Feb 18, 2019 11:09 AM

I second this.

I really like to get this clarified before broadcom decides to drop my current account

Any news on this?