Clarity

• 1.  Adding 'options' cog icon to 'manage matrix' portlet

Posted Jan 08, 2019 10:51 PM

Currently using CA PPM v15.4 and want to know if its possible to add an 'options' cog icon to the top right of the 'manage matrix' portlet? If this is possible how can I configure to be able to do this? The reasoning behind my question is we want to be able to export the rate matrix details so we can easily identify which rate matrices we need to delete.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Tim

• 2.  Re: Adding 'options' cog icon to 'manage matrix' portlet

Posted Jan 08, 2019 11:28 PM

If you are looking at 'Manage Matrix' under Administration -> Finance -> Manage Matrix, it is not a portlet to do that configuration.

You may need to have portlet to extract rate matrix information.

Regards,

Praneeth

• 3.  Re: Adding 'options' cog icon to 'manage matrix' portlet

Posted Jan 08, 2019 11:45 PM

Thanks Praneeth, sorry you are correct it is actually the filtered data in the 'Matrix Properties:Edit Matrix Rows' in the 'Edit Matrix Rows' tab that I was hoping to export.

• 4.  Re: Adding 'options' cog icon to 'manage matrix' portlet

Posted Jan 09, 2019 03:38 AM

Yes, Tim, and these are among those pages in Clarity PPM which cannot be configured. Please let us know if your concern is now clarified or there is any doubts. 

• 5.  Re: Adding 'options' cog icon to 'manage matrix' portlet

Posted Jan 10, 2019 06:37 AM

Hi Tim,

Sadly you can't do this, I think it would be a useful time saving feature.

Probably easiest to write a portlet and have it link out to the entry for easy admin.

Let us know if you need help with that

Alternatively you can just xog it out

Andrew

• 6.  Re: Adding 'options' cog icon to 'manage matrix' portlet

Posted Jan 24, 2019 04:03 PM

I took the XOG approach for exporting the rate matrix using the code below.    

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_read.xsd">
    <Header version="7.5" action="read" objectType="matrix" externalSource="NIKU"/>
    <Query>
    <!-- <Filter name="name" criteria="EQUALS">NIKU_XOG</Filter> -->
    <!-- <Filter name="type" criteria="EQUALS">Administrative</Filter>
    <Filter name="name" criteria="EQUALS">aa</Filter>
    <Filter name="location" criteria="EQUALS">London</Filter>-->
    </Query>
    </NikuDataBus>

I then built a workbook where I copied+pasted the XML results to (Cell A1 below).  The purpose is to extract the results and make available in a table format.  

Workbook for extracting bill-rates

The formulas I used for extracting the XML results to table is listed below.  Formulas start in cell C10, since rows 1-9 is just header info.

• Resource ID:  =IF(LEFT($A10,10)="<matrixRow",mid($A10,find("resource=",$A10,1)+10,find("standardCost=",$A10,1)-(find("resource=",$A10,1)+12)),"")
    • Actual Cost:  =IF(LEFT($A10,10)="<matrixRow",mid($A10,find("actualCost=",$A10,1)+12,find("currencyCode=",$A10,1)-(find("actualCost=",$A10,1)+14)),"")
    • From Date:  =IF(LEFT($A10,10)="<matrixRow",date(mid($A10,find("fromDate=",$A10,1)+10,4),mid($A10,find("fromDate=",$A10,1)+15,2),mid($A10,find("fromDate=",$A10,1)+18,2)),"")
    • To Date:  =IF(LEFT($A10,10)="<matrixRow",date(mid($A10,find("toDate=",$A10,1)+8,4),mid($A10,find("toDate=",$A10,1)+13,2),mid($A10,find("toDate=",$A10,1)+16,2)),"")

Once the results are in table format, I can use it for reconciling what I have in CA PPM to my other data sources.

I recognize this is a really ugly solution.  So if anyone has a better approach in how to extract Rates to table format, by all means, please share.