Clarity

• 1.  Installing ca ppm with more than one app servers

Posted Jan 10, 2019 02:46 AM

Hi I have installed ca ppm with two servers , One app server and the other one as a report server

Now I need to install in a fresh production environment

I have four servers 

Server A run  [app server]

Server B run [background, and csa service]

server C [database]

server D [reporting server]

I am aking based on server A[app server] and server B[bg, csa]

when I install cappm must i install the csa on both servers or I can only install it on the server that will run the service then run or start those services in the servers that I need it to run on?

Plus I am thinking of changing the ports the default ones 

9090 beacon,8080 report, 8090 csa,9091client,1433 db, ip address 23.0.0.1

question is must I pick any port or there is a specific range maybe from 8080 to 90000 ?

Please I need your advice

• 2.  Re: Installing ca ppm with more than one app servers

Posted Jan 10, 2019 04:07 AM

You need to install the PPM software on all servers that it needs to run on (so yes, on A and B).

Ports are up to you I think though.

• 3.  Re: Installing ca ppm with more than one app servers

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 10, 2019 04:35 AM

CA PPM supports to scale the application horizontally and vertically based on  number of users, investments, etc

Install  the CA PPM Application in Server A and Server B and Database on Server C and Jaspersoft Reporting on Server D

Server A deploy [app,beacon,csa] service

Server B deploy [background, beacon] service

server C [Database]

server D [Reporting server]

You can install the CSA service in any one of the server A or Server B and by adding the multicasting  address you can discover the other server where CSA service is running.

If you are planning to use new ports make sure the ports are open for communications between server A, B, C, D

• 4.  Re: Installing ca ppm with more than one app servers

Posted Feb 22, 2019 06:38 AM

Hi just to extend on this topic

after deploying the services as mentioned what other considerations we need to take note of

Example multicust is the same for both servers

(APP and background)

Port numbers

multicust address

and on the csa admin services on both servers can be seen

deployed BG and Beacon service from Server B and the and the rest on server A which is and appservr

but when I run datawarehouse jobs they seem not to work 

• plus between server A and B where do we have to install PMO accelarator and jaspersoft content and also generate key store

• 5.  Re: Installing ca ppm with more than one app servers

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 22, 2019 10:50 AM

DWH is a separate topic I see you already raised it as a new thread.

PMO accelerator has to be installed on one of the nodes, does not matter which one, and then you can Distribute via NSA. 

The JS keystore has to be generated on one of the servers and then you copy it to Jaspersoft server and to clarity\META-INF\reporting\store on the second server

Once you do that you can install Jaspersoft content, on any server and then you can run Create JS Users job in Clarity and test

• 6.  Re: Installing ca ppm with more than one app servers