Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Portal Developer 4.2 with CentOS ova version 2 image

Posted Jan 14, 2019 10:21 PM

Hi,

If I need to install a Portal Developer 4.2.9.3 on CentOS ova version 2. What is a minimum requirement? On Docops just only said 'hardware requirement'. But I need to know if I have a Test environment and Production environment what should I do for setting up between these environments.

• 2.  Re: Portal Developer 4.2 with CentOS ova version 2 image

Posted Jan 14, 2019 10:30 PM

Hi Yotsarun,

You are correct and should base your minimum requirements based on the Portal online guide:

Hardware and Software Requirements - CA API Developer Portal - 4.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

I would not set the testing env to be with lower spces than the prod one as you would probably need to run some performance testing against the test env and thus would need to have exact same specs to make sure both env would 'react' the same when used.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Amit.

• 3.  Re: Portal Developer 4.2 with CentOS ova version 2 image

Posted Jan 14, 2019 11:18 PM

Hi Amit,

How is different between these two pages? You know exactly I will be using Jarvis. Which page could be acceptable?

Best regards,

Yotsarun

• 4.  Re: Portal Developer 4.2 with CentOS ova version 2 image

Posted Jan 15, 2019 01:17 AM

Dear Yotsarun,

As you mentioned - you will use the Jarvis, so have the 'Jarvis' expected specs ready for you.

64GB RAM + 16 Cores CPU + 500GB Disk space.

Do keep in mind that future Portal 4.3 is expected to have the option of using an external/remote Jarvis - which might change those specs if you have one Portal and one Jarvis Server.

We do not have an ETA for this version yet - so I would suggest be ready with what we suggested here today.

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,

Amit.