CA Service Management

• 1.  Issues with getting working CMDB

Posted Jan 14, 2019 07:11 PM

I’m running into issues with getting a CMDB extension table configuration to work after following the instructions for this located at https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/17-1/en/using/configuration-management/cmdb-management/cmdb-data-maintenance/extending-cmdb#ExtendingCMDB-Step1CreatetheNewExtensionTable

I am receiving “Invalid attribute name: ‘id’ provided for test lookup” when attempting to edit a Configuration Item utilizing this Family.  Test ‘id’ is the only attribute on the custom Attributes tab.  If I add another, referencing a different valid field I’ll receive a corresponding error.  Note that when loading the form and after clicking the [Edit] button the actual UUID displays within the field giving the error.  No error appears in the STDLOGs.

I have created the extension table called “z_security_ranking”.

Within the table I have created 4 BREL attributes to 4 different custom tables to allow for corresponding dropdown boxes

z_app_mgmt (int, null)                  BREL      ->           z_security_app_mgmt

z_authorization (int, null)               BREL      ->           z_security_auth

z_network (int, null)                       BREL      ->           z_security_network

z_vulnerability (int, null)                BREL      ->           z_security_vuln_mgmt

I've created a new CMDB Family that maps to this extension table.

I’ve created a new CMDB Class that maps to this new Family.

I’ve created an Asset in the CMDB that utilizes the new Family and Class.

I’ve created “cmdb_metadata_z_security_ranking.htmpl”, “nr_cmdb_z_security_ranking_tab.htmpl”, and “detail_z_security_ranking.htmpl” files, filling in as outlined in the associated template files.

When I add a control to nr_cmdb_z_security_ranking_tab.htmpl and lookup the Attribute it displays the contents of the z_security_ranking extension table as expected.

If I open the Asset I created and right click it does indicate it is using the form detail_z_security_ranking.htmpl.

Anyway befuddled on this.  Not sure if this has to do with the table containing BREL attributes or not (hopefully not).

Derek~

• 2.  Re: Issues with getting working CMDB

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 15, 2019 10:35 AM

Derek, you have

<PDM_MACRO name=dtlDropdown hdr="testcrud" attr="id" factory="nr">

can you change to 

<PDM_MACRO name=dtlDropdown hdr="testcrud" attr=z_security_ranking.id>

and refresh? Thanks _Chi

• 3.  Re: Issues with getting working CMDB

Posted Jan 15, 2019 11:27 AM

Hi Chi,

Unfortunately it gives me the same message, "Invalid attribute name: 'z_security_ranking.id' provided for testcrud lookup".

Derek~

• 4.  Re: Issues with getting working CMDB
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 15, 2019 11:32 AM

How about

<PDM_MACRO name=dtlDropdown hdr="testcrud" attr=assoc_z_security_ranking.id>

?

• 5.  Re: Issues with getting working CMDB

Posted Jan 15, 2019 05:30 PM

I'm not sure what your record is for superlative answers in a given week but you have hit the mark once again.  

For anyone reviewing here is the working info for the BREL reference:

<PDM_MACRO name=dtlDropdown hdr="testdropdown" attr=assoc_z_security_ranking.z_app_mgmt lookup="no">

z_security_ranking   =  extension table

z_app_mgmt = add table (Reference table)

This successfully populated the dropdown box on the custom Attributes tab as expected.