DX NetOps

• 1.  I wants to create a watch for reboot on firewalls, what is the attribute for this ?

Posted Jan 15, 2019 09:13 AM

I wants to create a watch for reboot on firewalls, what is the attribute for this ???

Regards

Rahul Rawat

• 2.  Re: I wants to create a watch for reboot on firewalls, what is the attribute for this ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 15, 2019 11:52 AM

Hi Rahul,

As per the following idea, reboot event should be generated.

Anyway it also covers the attribute ID to watch.

Spectrum should reliably detect reboots - no more false alarms 

Tons of false device has been rebooted 0x10ff0 eve - CA Knowledge 

Thanks,

Silvio

• 3.  Re: I wants to create a watch for reboot on firewalls, what is the attribute for this ?

Posted Jan 15, 2019 05:45 PM

I would look to see if the system publishes an sysptime value, if it does then have a watch that alerts if uptime < 300 (as in less than 5 minutes).

sysUpTime 0x10245

• 4.  Re: I wants to create a watch for reboot on firewalls, what is the attribute for this ?

Posted Jan 16, 2019 11:11 AM

Thanks for update... 

Okay, if I create a watch on sysUpTime 0x10245, then alarm will be generated on device OS reboot or on SNMP engine restart?

My requirement is to generate alarm on OS reboot.

• 5.  Re: I wants to create a watch for reboot on firewalls, what is the attribute for this ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 17, 2019 11:55 AM

The hrSysUptime informs about the uptime of the Operating System (OS), while sysUptime only informs about the uptime of the SNMP agent.

Have you checked if reboot event is being generated?

What is your CA Spectrum version?

• 6.  Re: I wants to create a watch for reboot on firewalls, what is the attribute for this ?

Posted Jan 17, 2019 12:18 PM

My spectrum version is 10.3. I created watch on sysUptime and events are generated on this which informing about SNMP engine up-time. 

I didn't found hrSysUptime attribute on device.

• 7.  Re: I wants to create a watch for reboot on firewalls, what is the attribute for this ?

Posted Jan 22, 2019 12:27 PM

I believe it is hrSystemUptime from the Host Resources mib:

hrSystemUptime OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX TimeTicks (0 .. 4294967295)
    ACCESS read-only
    STATUS current

DESCRIPTION
    "The amount of time since this host was last
    initialized. Note that this is different from
    sysUpTime in the SNMPv2-MIB [RFC1907] because
    sysUpTime is the uptime of the network management
    portion of the system."
    ::= { hrSystem 1 }

• 8.  Re: I wants to create a watch for reboot on firewalls, what is the attribute for this ?

Posted Jan 31, 2019 07:01 AM

My requirement:-

Whenever a firewall device OS got rebooted, there should be Major alarm while for non-firewall devices alarm should be minor.