CA Service Management

• 1.  Field Value not displaying

Posted Jan 14, 2019 09:46 PM

I've added two new fields into Service Desk via Web Screen Painter as below for configuration items....

&

And both are referenced the same in the form....

<PDM_MACRO name=dtlTextbox hdr="CAPACITY_REQUIRED" attr="assoc_zGOVT_CONTAINER_STORAGE.CAPACITY_REQUIRED" size=30>
    <PDM_MACRO name=dtlStartRow>
    <PDM_MACRO name=dtlTextbox hdr="CAPACITY_REQUIRED_GB" attr="assoc_zGOVT_CONTAINER_STORAGE.CAPACITY_REQUIRED_GB" size=30>

What happens is when I enter value's in the field and then press save, only the value for CAPACITY REQUIRED is visible, yet both values are entered in the database.  If I do a pdm extract against the CI i've entered the data against the value for CAPACITY_REQUIRED_GB is not returned.

Anybody experienced something like this before where having created a new field the data isn't visible via the form?

• 2.  Re: Field Value not displaying

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 15, 2019 10:40 AM

They seem to be the same...

What if you remove <PDM_MACRO name=dtlStartRow> and make sure you don't have a enter/new line after hdr="CAPACITY_REQUIRED_GB" ?

You said both values are saved in mdb table...you saw that in the mdb table?

• 3.  Re: Field Value not displaying

Posted Jan 16, 2019 06:20 PM

Tried that and even removing the first line <PDM_MACRO name=dtlTextbox hdr="CAPACITY_REQUIRED" attr="assoc_zGOVT_CONTAINER_STORAGE.CAPACITY_REQUIRED" size=30>
    <PDM_MACRO name=dtlStartRow> but data still didn't display.  Yep I see the data in the database...

Could there be anything in the fields being so closely named?

CAPACITY_REQUIRED

CAPACITY_REQUIRED_GB

• 4.  Re: Field Value not displaying

Posted Jan 16, 2019 06:21 PM