Clarity

• 1.  I need  to change Resource ID and Name user in CA PPM (by administration/resources menu), but  Resource ID field   is non-editable for some  users,  What can I do to make editable  the  Resource ID field?

Posted Jan 16, 2019 08:15 AM

I need  to change Resource ID and Name user in CA PPM (by administration/resources menu), but  Resource ID field   is non-editable for some  users,  What can I do to make editable  the  Resource ID field?

• 2.  Re: I need  to change Resource ID and Name user in CA PPM (by administration/resources menu), but  Resource ID field   is non-editable for some  users,  What can I do to make editable  the  Resource ID field?

Posted Jan 16, 2019 08:30 AM

Apparently you have financially enabled the resource. There is no undo or revert.

The supported way is to create a new resource and a new user.

• 3.  Re: I need  to change Resource ID and Name user in CA PPM (by administration/resources menu), but  Resource ID field   is non-editable for some  users,  What can I do to make editable  the  Resource ID field?

Posted Jan 16, 2019 09:04 AM

Thank you  urmas,  How can I check  those  resources  are financially anabled?,  The resources create by LDAP (LDAP - Synchronize New and Changed Users) are  financially enable by defauld?

• 4.  Re: I need  to change Resource ID and Name user in CA PPM (by administration/resources menu), but  Resource ID field   is non-editable for some  users,  What can I do to make editable  the  Resource ID field?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 16, 2019 10:06 AM

When a resource is financially enabled, then the PAC_MNT_RESOURCES table is populated.

• 5.  Re: I need  to change Resource ID and Name user in CA PPM (by administration/resources menu), but  Resource ID field   is non-editable for some  users,  What can I do to make editable  the  Resource ID field?

Posted Jan 16, 2019 11:06 AM

I do not think that resources created with LDAP synchronization are financially enable as you need to enter a couple of required fields

• 6.  Re: I need  to change Resource ID and Name user in CA PPM (by administration/resources menu), but  Resource ID field   is non-editable for some  users,  What can I do to make editable  the  Resource ID field?

Posted Jan 16, 2019 11:10 AM

There used to be a hack, but it does not work anymore (15,4)

The downside with the hack was it did not change the resource ID in PPA_WIP.

The result being that OOTB use of WIP data was not affected because that is linked with the internal ID, but all custom portlets, reports and such like did not work when the resource ID was used if the resource ID was changed in the GUI.

• 7.  Re: I need  to change Resource ID and Name user in CA PPM (by administration/resources menu), but  Resource ID field   is non-editable for some  users,  What can I do to make editable  the  Resource ID field?

Posted Jan 23, 2019 04:32 PM

Thank you  for your usefull infomation.  Now I have some users  with User name field  locked to edit,  I need to enable the  LDAP integration (Jobs LDAP - Synchronize New and Changed Users and LDAP - Synchronize Obsolete Users), wich field  does  LDAP integration use to synchronize  the users  from the Identity  Manager?