Endevor

• 1.  Endevor Webhooks Data

Posted Jan 16, 2019 02:47 PM

Endevor Webhooks data placed in the Webhooks watch directory is formatted using a default format.  Is there any way to parse the data in the webhooks watch directory before an action is triggered?

• 2.  Re: Endevor Webhooks Data

Posted Jan 17, 2019 06:21 AM

What's your end goal Phil? There is a PTF now available that will let you log to multiple directories, so you can now log actions into separate directories or log actions from different Systems or Environments separately using multiple ELEMENT LOGGING statements. See SO06259.

• 3.  Re: Endevor Webhooks Data

Posted Jan 17, 2019 09:39 AM

I'll be in touch Ed.  I'm working with my internal customer and I'll provide more info.  Thanks!

• 4.  Re: Endevor Webhooks Data

Posted Jan 17, 2019 11:03 AM

Say for example, I have a package action placed in the directory, if I can parse the package ID to Jenkins, then I can trigger the deploy process automatically, instead of waiting for user input (user to key in the package ID). So my end goal would be to trigger the process without manual intervention.

• 5.  Re: Endevor Webhooks Data

Posted Jan 23, 2019 10:50 AM

Ed, The package ID is stored in the webhooks watch directory.  It appears that Jenkins is not picking up the package ID when triggering the Jenkins payload.  Have you been able to trigger a Jenkins payload using the package ID from the webhooks watch directory?  Thanks, Phil

• 6.  Re: Endevor Webhooks Data

Posted Jan 23, 2019 10:59 AM

So you need to install something like the 'Generic Webhook Plugin' on your Jenkins server if you've not already, that configures you an End Point to direct your Webhooks at. You then set up a Webhook via the Webhook configuration page (see "Configure a Mainframe Webhook" in the manual). 

The Webhook server will then monitor your directory for log files and then consume these and post Webhooks out to your Jenkins server. You can then use the 'Generic Webhook Plugin' to consume these hooks on the Server as part of a Pipeline or Freestyle Project. 

• 7.  Re: Endevor Webhooks Data

Posted Jan 23, 2019 11:46 AM

Thanks for the info Ed!