CA Service Management

• 1.  How to setup shared Filestore for custom location in Service Catalog

Posted Jan 16, 2019 08:27 AM

I need to set up a custom location for shared files in Service Catalog.Can any one please guide me the best way to do this?

Please let me know the details.

Any leads will be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Pallavi Anand 

• 2.  Re: Hi Everyone

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 16, 2019 08:56 AM

Hi Pallavi,

Please follow this document for your reference

https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/unc-shared-filestore-folder-in-catalog-causes-prod-env-attachment-issue/kb000113386

Let me know if this helps?

• 3.  Re: Hi Everyone

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 16, 2019 09:26 AM

Good Afternoon Pallavi.

In addition, please check the below informaiton for this.
    Kind regards, Louis.

Shared Filestore folder:
    It is possible for Catalog to use a filestore directory a few levels deep as soon as your network share is a valid one.
    But you need to pay attention to what is the actual network share name for it.
    For example, for a windows 2012 machine <myserver>, filestore is in folder c:\test1\test2\.

Make c:\test1\test2\filestore\ as network share, its network share name is automatically called \\<myserver>\test1\test2\filestore.

On the same box, place filestore folder under c:\level1\level2\level3\.

Make c:\level1\level2\level3\filestore\ as network share, its network share name became as
    \\<myserver>\filestore
    instead of
    \\<myserver>\level1\level2\level3\filestore.

In Administration/Configuration/File Store Information to be set, in order to pass the test:
    \\<myserver>\filestore because over the network, its share name is \\<myserver>\filestore, NOT \\<myserver>\level1\level2\level3\filestore.

• 4.  Re: Hi Everyone

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 16, 2019 09:27 AM

Good Afternoon Pallavi.

Her I am again with some extra info for you to check upon.
    Kind regards, Louis.

1. OS permissions for the filestore folder, did not include the user Service Catalog runs at on the source machine.
    These were corrected.
    2. Customer switched back to the default system account and then switched back to a new service account, which allowed for access to the remote FileStore.
    3. Restart the Catalog Service after setting the filestore attribute.
    4. There was a filestore directory on one drive and Service Catalog was installed on a different drive.
    The filestore directory contains the themes which govern the look and feel of Service Catalog and if these cannot be located, Service Catalog will not load correctly.
    The filestore directory should contain these folders:
    contentpacks
    custom
    datamediation
    documents
    forms
    images
    plugins
    portlets
    reporting
    themes

On the system with the problem, log into Service Catalog and go to: Administration/Configuration/File Store Location
    Does this reflect the correct location of the "filestore" directory?
    If not, change this to the appropriate location and restart Service Catalog.

5. And I also found the following: If 'filestore' location has changed, like different drive, do the following:
    a. Go to Administration/Configuration/File Store Information and modify it.
    b. Stop the CA Service Catalog service.
    c. Erase the translets (empty the folder %USM_HOST%\view\translets)
    NOTE: keep the 'translets' folder itself/do not delete the folder only it's content.
    d. Start the CA Service Catalog service.

6. Goto: Administration/Configuration/File Store Location =
    Value X:\PROGRA~1\CA\SERVIC~ 1\filestore PROGRA~1
    Which got resolved to Service Desk in stead of Service Catalog.
    Once this was updated to PROGRA~2 and View service was recycled, the problem no longer persisted.

7. The filestore information within the catalog configuration was pointing to the 32-bit version path which was from our production environment database.
    But in our new poc environment we have 64-bit application installed.
    Just for info, the filestore information within the catalog configuration was pointing to the 32-bit version path which was from our production environment database.
    But in our new poc environment we have 64-bit application installed.
    After resetting the filestore it is now loading all images and everything seems to be fine.

• 5.  Re: How to setup shared Filestore for custom location in Service Catalog

Posted Jan 22, 2019 01:01 AM

Hello Chris,

Thank you for the information.

But , can you please guide me through process of  the creation of the service account in Service Catalog as we do not have one. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Pallavi Anand

Monitoring / Service Management(SC|SD) Tools

SUPERVALU - TCS Relationship

Email : L3 Service Management Tools Notification | L3 Enterprise Monitoring Notification

CASD Group : L3 Service Management Tools | L3 Enterprise Monitoring

DESK VOIP: (208) 672 7605 | Mobile : (952) 996 8634

• 6.  Re: How to setup shared Filestore for custom location in Service Catalog

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 17, 2019 03:08 AM

Good Morning Pallavi.

When all okay, then please let us know?

Thanks in advance and kind regards, Louis.