CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Which table has the relation between "inc/req/prob" and "survey"

• 1.  Which table has the relation between "inc/req/prob" and "survey"

Posted Jan 16, 2019 01:07 PM

Hello, I need to know which table has the relation between the object "call_req" and the object "survey".
    I checked the "survey" table but  it doesn't have the "survey id" , I did a test and I thought the survey table had the identification of the survey related to the inc / req / prob "before" of the survey is sent, but the survey table has information about what "the affected end user" responded to the survey.

Is there a table where the relationship between inc / req / prob and the survey is inserted just when inc / req / prob is created?

Thank you!

• 2.  Re: Which table has the relation between "inc/req/prob" and "survey"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 16, 2019 01:56 PM

Notify_Log_Header schema table/not_log mdb table

• 3.  Re: Which table has the relation between "inc/req/prob" and "survey"

Posted Jan 16, 2019 02:22 PM

Hi Ana,

The survey table has an object_id column, this maps to the id column in call_req.

Edit: I also want to point out that the survey table is used by change orders and issues as well. You'll want to filter to object_type = cr.

• 4.  Re: Which table has the relation between "inc/req/prob" and "survey"

Posted Jan 16, 2019 02:26 PM

Hi Grant, Thanks, but that table is affected only when the contact responds the survey.

If the survey is responded , then the record is inserted in the survey table.

Regards.

• 5.  Re: Which table has the relation between "inc/req/prob" and "survey"

Posted Jan 16, 2019 04:19 PM

Hi Ana,

I don't believe it exists at all until a user fills it out.

• 6.  Re: Which table has the relation between "inc/req/prob" and "survey"

Posted Jan 17, 2019 07:35 AM

Thanks Grant, 

I need to capture the "survey id" before, just when the ticket is created, because - in some cases - I need to "change" the survey that must be sent for each ticket.

Regards,

• 7.  Re: Which table has the relation between "inc/req/prob" and "survey"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 16, 2019 05:44 PM

Like I said the info is in this table and you would need to somehow select and parse records in this table to know what survey is sent for what ticket. For example, when the survey is sent from the ticket, this record records something like "

Incident 80 Survey
    Closed on 05/09/2018 16:28:01

Click on the following URL to complete survey:
    http://server:8080/CAisd/pdmweb.exe?OP=DO_SURVEY+SVY_ID=400002+CNT_ID=CCF1B157F383BE4FB7FB29F26DEBC439+CNTXT_PERSID=cr:400707

"

and you can see survey 400002 is sent for incident 80(cr:400707)

• 8.  Re: Which table has the relation between "inc/req/prob" and "survey"

Posted Jan 16, 2019 05:52 PM

Ahh I didn't understand what you meant at first and thought you responded to this thread on accident... Makes sense now.

• 9.  Re: Which table has the relation between "inc/req/prob" and "survey"

Posted Jan 16, 2019 06:09 PM

Just my opinion.... we paid someone to create a "survey review" report

that would show the survey ratings and comments, along with a link to the

ticket number and various pieces of information about the ticket.

This seems to me to be a basic survey report that should be included as a

canned report.  What good does it do to see someone's survey responses and

not be able to also see the ticket that the survey was about?

Thanks.

• 10.  Re: Which table has the relation between "inc/req/prob" and "survey"

Posted Jan 17, 2019 07:33 AM

Hi Chi_Chen, thanks.

I understand what you suggest, but I think I didn't explain well.

I need to know where the "survey id" is saved before the survey is sent, just like the "events" are saved in the table "att_evt". the table fills just when the inc/req/prob is created...I thought there would be a similar table for the surveys.

I need to "capture" the "survey id" just in the creation of the ticket.

I explain??

Regards!!!

• 11.  Re: Which table has the relation between "inc/req/prob" and "survey"

Posted Jan 17, 2019 09:20 AM

Hi Ana,

The survey_id does not exist until a user fills out a survey and presses save. The only way to determine that a survey was sent is by looking at the not_log table.

• 12.  Re: Which table has the relation between "inc/req/prob" and "survey"

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 17, 2019 09:49 AM

You mean the survey template id like 400002 I mentioned above? if yes then there is nothing to capture as you will see the only survey template in the INIT activity notification for ticket creation. Other than this, there is nothing written into mdb except not_log table as I mentioned before.

• 13.  Re: Which table has the relation between "inc/req/prob" and "survey"

Posted Jan 17, 2019 11:55 AM

Yes, I mean  id 400002.

Thanks a lot for your orientationChi_Chen

• 14.  Re: Which table has the relation between "inc/req/prob" and "survey"

Posted Jan 17, 2019 10:55 AM

Let me suggest something to work this out.

Let us know what is the GOAL instead of having us fixing the solution you elaborated without describing it.

Should be way easier.

• 15.  Re: Which table has the relation between "inc/req/prob" and "survey"

Posted Jan 17, 2019 12:21 PM

Thanks Pier!

I need to evaluate 3 tables before "assign" a survey for a inc/req/prob.

As we know , the inc/req/prob area has a survey related in prob_ctg/pcat table.

Well, my client has 2 customized tables "zServ" and "zServCat" to manage its own bussines process, each one has a "survey" field too.

• call_req table has the "zServ" field (SREL to zServ table) and "zSurvey" field (SREL to svy_tpl table)
    • zServCat table has  "serv" field (SREL to zServ table) and "category" field (SREL to prob_ctg/pcat table)

So, "the new survey process" we need to build has to evaluate if the inc/req/prob area has or not a survey.

• If the inc/req/prob area has a survey then the OOTB funcionality would work.
    • If the inc/req/prob area hasn't a survey, then the process has to check the table "zServ" and take from it the survey that must be associated to the inc/req/prob 
    • If zServ hasn't a survey, then the process has to check the table "zServCat" and take from it the survey that must be that must be associated to the inc/req/prob 

thanks and regards....

• 16.  Re: Which table has the relation between "inc/req/prob" and "survey"

Posted Jan 17, 2019 02:17 PM

So you want the SDM Survey mechanic to behave like you described?

If there is no survey associated to the category then check if zServ has a survey, if yes take it, if not take the one from zServCat.

Correct?

Honestly i'm not sure you can easily mess with SDM survey like this. 

Personnaly, i would use a 3rd party survey tools and put the logic in PAM.

We did this here for Onboarding process. There were too many conditions to evaluate to choose the right survey so we used a survey tool and put the logic in PAM to send the good one!

• 17.  Re: Which table has the relation between "inc/req/prob" and "survey"

Posted Jan 17, 2019 02:55 PM

For my own understanding I had a look at how things work and there is something I can't figure out.

If you take the link sent for a survey, it looks like : http://sdm/CAisd/pdmweb.exe?OP=DO_SURVEY+SID=0+SVY_ID=400001+CNT_ID=E3595A871FC9CC4EA5E71D1E1AA372FF+CNTXT_PERSID=cr:626274

If you create a link like this and click on it, it says that there is no Survey track.

So I tried creating a svytrk object with soapUI :

<ser:createObject>
    <sid>1028898385</sid>
    <objectType>svytrk</objectType>
    <attrVals>
    <string>cntid</string>
    <string>cnt:E3595A871FC9CC4EA5E71D1E1AA372FF</string>
    <string>object_type</string>
    <string>cr</string>
    <string>object_id</string>
    <string>626274</string>
    <string>tplid</string>
    <string>400001</string>
    </attrVals>
    <attributes>
    <string>id</string>
    </attributes>
    <createObjectResult></createObjectResult>
    <newHandle></newHandle>
    </ser:createObject>

and if I click on the same link I created before it now says that the survey has already been answered...

Maybe someone more advanced like Michael_Mueller can help us here

• 18.  Re: Which table has the relation between "inc/req/prob" and "survey"

Posted Jan 18, 2019 03:42 AM

Hi Pier-Olivier.

Thanks for the trust in advance.

Maybe the following will help:

try setting status=0 in when creating your tracking record.

Everything else will be interpreted as "survey already answered".

Ana: I am sorry this doesn't help you that much with your original question.

In standard SDM, survey request messages are triggered by the creation of activity logs in a postci trigger (POST_CI alg::post_ci_notify)

If and which survey request message to send , can be configured at the "Activity Notification" level in the Survey Tab.

for Inc/Req/Pr survey request messages are always send to the customer of the ticket.

To be able to influence the behavior, when and  which survey will be send to whom, you would need to substitute the original logic, or even add our own one and prevent the standard one.

Nevertheless the logic of survey tracking records should be implemented anyway.

I'd always prefer doing these kind of application logic enhancements in native spel code. But for sure, I'm quite aware, that this needs some kind of deeper knowledge about spel and of course the standard behavior.

From that point of view, Pier-Oliviers suggestions to do it in Process Automation might give you more control, and more independency from SDM.

Regards

................Michael

• 19.  Re: Which table has the relation between "inc/req/prob" and "survey"

Posted Jan 18, 2019 09:22 AM

Hey hey works like a charm Michael!

So AnaKBS_TDI, if you want to work with SDM surveys but are willing to manage the logic with PAM, you have the solution.

High level steps :

1 : start pam workflow on close or resolve of ticket

2 : Read ticket and look for Area survey's id

3 : if empty, check for zServ survey's id

4 : if empty, check for zServCat survey's id

5 : Use found survey to create a svytrk object like I described in my previous comments with web method createObject. (add status attribute and set it to 0 as per Michael's comment)

6 : Send an email to end user using this syntax :  http://sdm/CAisd/pdmweb.exe?OP=DO_SURVEY+SID=0+SVY_ID=SURVEY_ID_HERE+CNT_ID=END_USER_ID_HERE+CNTXT_PERSID=TICKET_PERSID_HERE

7 : You're done

• 20.  Re: Which table has the relation between "inc/req/prob" and "survey"

Posted Jan 21, 2019 08:26 AM

Thanks a lot, I will try what you suggest.

Best regards.