CA Service Management

• 1.  Calculated Data Lock and Unlock

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 16, 2019 11:49 AM

Hi All,

I am trying to better understand the behavior of the Calculated Data Lock and Unlock features. Looking into docops.ca.com I found:

Calculated Data Lock - CA Business Service Insight - 8.3.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Calculated Data Unlock - CA Business Service Insight - 8.3.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

It seems to me that the second is the "reverse" function of the first, as the name suggests :-) but speaking with some people/partners it seems that there are some constraints not mentioned into documentation. For example something like: "if I lock a contract for a period before a date, then I unlock that contract, then I am not able to lock again the same period".

Any available clarification on that?

Thanks in advance,

Vito

• 2.  Re: Calculated Data Lock and Unlock

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 17, 2019 11:33 AM
    Hi Vito
    Calculated Data lock will automatically be followed by a cleanup of the temporary data used to calculate that information. So I would not recommend using Calculated Data Unlock as a general option. It can be forced to recalculate with an unlock to an earlier date, but if you must recalculate it involves hitting the database tables to make the ACE engine realise one is necessary. At that point a full recalculation of the contract will take a lot of resources as well. Until that completes, you will indeed not be able to set the lock again.