CA Service Management

• 1.  Use list_cr as home for employee

Posted Jan 17, 2019 08:13 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to set list_cr as home page for employee role.

We have Service Catalog + USS as the end user portal. But it has the following problems:

- It uses Service Catalog for request tracking and Open Space for incident/request tracking, and since (in our case) all requests from Service Catalog are created in SDM for fulfilment the end user see the same request in both interface and causes confusion.

- Service Catalog widget shows the SC request number, but the notification is from SDM with other ticket number so it also causes confusion.

- Open Space hasn't been updated since a long time, so it doesn't have a nice look and feel.

- We don't have a good feedback from end users.

What's the idea?

Since all request are managed from Service Desk, we can modify Unified Self Service (not supported by CA) to hide all links for ootb tracking and put a link in home to open SDM interface for tracking. But we are looking to use as default home list_cr to show all ticket of the logged user.

I try to save list_cr of employee interface as home.htlmp and in WSP preview it works, but when I publish it I only see the header and a blank page.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Use list_cr as home for employee

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 18, 2019 07:09 PM

hey Kevin,

just to rule out the obvious, was browser cache emptied too when the test was done?

_R

• 3.  Re: Use list_cr as home for employee

Posted Jan 19, 2019 01:28 AM

hi,

my suggestion is to keep home.htmpl as home page, then replace home page's content with dummy message and redirect user to decided page. Dont forget to include user's id to redirected page to show actual data, example (i'm not sure how user called on cr factory: customer, requestor, affected_user or someone else):

.../pdmweb.exe?OP=SEARCH+FACTORY=cr+QBE.EQ.customer=$cst.id

Regards,

cdtj

• 4.  Re: Use list_cr as home for employee

Posted Jan 19, 2019 07:50 AM

Hello,

Thanks for your suggestion! How do you redirect in WSP?

• 5.  Re: Use list_cr as home for employee

Posted Jan 19, 2019 01:52 PM

I recommend to use 3rd party notepads to modify files, personally I prefer NPP: A useful Service Desk Manager tool: Notepad++ 

You can redirect using javascript or html meta tag, examples:

html - Redirecting to another page meta tag - Stack Overflow 

javascript - How do I redirect to another webpage? - Stack Overflow