Rally Software

• 1.  pyral invalid credentials

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 22, 2019 04:51 AM

I am trying to use pyral (python rally) package to login to rally but the login process is getting failed giving error as "Invalid credentials" inspite of the fact that credentials are correct. I have tried apikey method also but same results.

Can anyone help me here ?

• 2.  Re: pyral invalid credentials

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 22, 2019 11:58 AM

Vivek, We were experiencing an issue with our service this morning.  Please give it another try and let us know if it works now.  You can subscribe to our status page to receive notifications.

CA Agile Central Status Page 

Thanks,

Edwin

• 3.  Re: pyral invalid credentials

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 22, 2019 11:45 PM

Thanks Edwin, for your update. But still I am unable to login to rally through pyral package. Below is the snapshot of the error. Also, as my current rally subscription is SSO based, so do pyral packages works with SSO account ? In case no then what are the alternatives and workaround for me ?

rally = Rally(server, user=username, password=password, workspace=workspace, project=project)
    File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\envs\py36\lib\site-packages\pyral\restapi.py", line 259, in __init__
    self.contextHelper.check(self.server, wksp, proj, self.isolated_workspace)
    File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\envs\py36\lib\site-packages\pyral\context.py", line 171, in check
    user_response = self._getUserInfo()
    File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\envs\py36\lib\site-packages\pyral\context.py", line 238, in _getUserInfo
    raise RallyRESTAPIError("Invalid credentials")
    pyral.context.RallyRESTAPIError: Invalid credentials

• 4.  Re: pyral invalid credentials
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 23, 2019 11:27 AM

Hi Vivek,

SSO probably is a factor on this.  I would recommend creating an API key and passing that in your connection string.