Rally Software

• 1.  Can I create a dashboard view/query that shows features I DON'T own, but that contain stories I DO own?

Posted Jan 23, 2019 11:26 AM

In my organization, features are created by another department, and I then create stories in those features. It would be very helpful for me to see a list of all features that contain at least 1 story for which I'm the owner.

• 2.  Re: Can I create a dashboard view/query that shows features I DON'T own, but that contain stories I DO own?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 23, 2019 11:43 AM

Hi,  I did this by using a Custom List set to display User Stories and used the following query (within Settings):

( (Owner = "ea209@rallydev.com") AND (Feature != "") AND (Feature.Owner != "ea209@rallydev.com") )

Give that a shot and let me know what you think.

-Edwin

• 3.  Re: Can I create a dashboard view/query that shows features I DON'T own, but that contain stories I DO own?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 24, 2019 10:41 AM

Hi, If you don't care who owns the Feature but want to find any Feature with a child story you own, I believe this would also work. For a list of Features using Custom List app on a dashboard, in the Query box on Settings page:

(UserStories.Owner.DisplayName = "JohnC"). DisplayName will match what you see when you have the Owner field displayed on a list or board. If you omit that, Owner will match the UserName (or login name).

(UserStories.Owner = "john.curent_user@acme.com")