Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Javascript Assertion

Posted Jan 23, 2019 04:07 AM

I have created a context variable using execute javascript assertion as context.setVariable("url",value). But am unable to access the variable in the following assertions. Say for example, i am trying to access the context variable url in return template response to the requestor assertion which is after the javascript assertion. Do i need to use any prefix to access context variables created in execute javascript assertion? 

• 2.  Re: Javascript Assertion

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 23, 2019 10:02 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Giridharan,

I have attached a sample of what I believe you are trying to accomplish. Please take a look and let me know if this helps. Feel free to ping me with any questions, thank you.

Regards,

Joe

Attachment(s)

• 3.  Re: Javascript Assertion

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 23, 2019 10:06 AM

Just to add on here, if value is not defined in your policy as a variable it would return blank/error. If you are meaning to use the literal string value you can simply enclose it in quotes

ie:

context.setVariable("url","value");

• 4.  Re: Javascript Assertion

Posted Jan 24, 2019 02:42 AM

Thanks Joe. Exactly what am trying.

But a warning is appearing when i tried to access the context variable url. is there a way to suppress the warning?

• 5.  Re: Javascript Assertion

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 24, 2019 08:45 AM

Is this the message you see?

If so, the 2 options I can think of, 1) turn off policy validation or 2) define the variable ahead of it's use in the return template response. Meaning, use a set context variable assertion to set 'url' to nothing. 

It does not appear that the validation takes into account a variable declaration in the assertion, so even setting it explicitly in the JS assertion will not suppress the message.

var url = "";

or 

var url = null;

• 6.  Re: Javascript Assertion

Posted Jan 25, 2019 01:47 AM

Yes. I am seeing the same warning. I would like to know more about option 1. can i turn off policy validation for specific policy? If so, please let me know the procedure?

• 7.  Re: Javascript Assertion
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 25, 2019 07:39 AM

Policy validation is a global setting, it cannot be turned off on a per policy basis.

If you would like to turn off validation for all policies:

In Policy Manager

1) File -> Preferences

2) Uncheck 'Policy Validation Feedback'

Regards,

Joe

• 8.  Re: Javascript Assertion

Posted Jan 25, 2019 08:45 AM

Thanks so much Joe