DX NetOps

• 1.  CA PM Threshold Monitoring Interface ERROR/Discards

Posted Jan 23, 2019 06:27 AM

Hello,

I am using CAPM 3.5 and i want to know the functionality details related to my scanerio as i applied the threshold profile an then rule on metric family interface and then select Discards In  and Discards Out. i set the value for event trigger is when it exceeds 5 and clears drop below 5.

but whats the case in this scanerio if 2 errors occurs at 2:00 Am then 2 more  at  5 Am then 2 more at 9 Am then whats its behavior in this scanerio.

Is it triggers the alarm when after polling of 5 mints it gets more than 5 errors?

Or it triggers whenever its count exceeds than 5 duration i swhole day or a month?

your help is requested..

Regards

Akash 

• 2.  Re: CA PM Threshold Monitoring Interface ERROR/Discards

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 23, 2019 07:05 AM

It depends of what is informing in the fields:

• 3.  Re: CA PM Threshold Monitoring Interface ERROR/Discards
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 14, 2019 07:18 AM

Carlos is correct:

See the following documentation:

Configure Threshold Profiles - CA Performance Management - 3.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Specifically:

• Duration
      Specifies the total amount of time a given condition must be true within the specified Window to generate an event. The poll cycles that trigger the condition do not need to be consecutive.
    • Window
      Specifies the overall range of time to evaluate the rule condition.

Duration and Window Example:

A monitored device has a poll rate of 5 minutes. An associated threshold profile has an event rule with a duration of 600 (10 minutes) and a window of 3600 (1 hour). An event does not occur when the conditions are triggered for a single poll result because the 5-minute poll does not reach the 10-minute duration. The event occurs only if the conditions of the rule are triggered for a second poll result within one hour of the first triggering poll.

Note: When a threshold is breached, an alarm is created. When the event clears, the threshold is rechecked with the next poll cycle. If the threshold is breached again, a new alarm is created.

So regarding your scenario who likely would not get an event 

Joe