Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Is there a way to get a report of list of files that are copied or FTPd every time a job transfers files

Posted Jan 23, 2019 12:07 PM

We FTP several files to third party vendors FTP sites, vendors complain that they are missing some files, we wanted to have a report to be sent automatically on the list of files that are being successfully transferred to the internal team and external teams to keep the trace of files. Appreciate your inputs on how to get such report. Please let us know if you need any additional information.

• 2.  Re: Is there a way to get a report of list of files that are copied or FTPd every time a job transfers files

Posted Jan 23, 2019 02:13 PM

I would probably do a PREP_PROCESS_REPORT in the post process of the FTP jobs. Could filter off the string 'copied:'

• 3.  Re: Is there a way to get a report of list of files that are copied or FTPd every time a job transfers files

Posted Jan 31, 2019 01:50 PM

Thanks Michael, can you please the syntax or steps 

• 4.  Re: Is there a way to get a report of list of files that are copied or FTPd every time a job transfers files

Posted Jan 23, 2019 02:14 PM

Are you using the RA-FTP tool for this?  In our RA-FTP command lists, we typically include a command to list the contents of the target folder right after the transfer has taken place.  Then we have a permanent report record in our UC4 reports that proves we transferred the file(s).  If needed, one could also automate the sending of this reported list to others.  But in our case we've found that simply having the report available inside of UC4 has been sufficient to answer questions when they are asked.

• 5.  Re: Is there a way to get a report of list of files that are copied or FTPd every time a job transfers files

Posted Jan 31, 2019 01:49 PM

Thanks Pete, is there a way to export report to a text file? or which table(s) is this being stored so that I can we run a report. Sorry I'm not an expert appreciate any step by step process. Thanks! 

• 6.  Re: Is there a way to get a report of list of files that are copied or FTPd every time a job transfers files
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 31, 2019 04:32 PM

In a post-process script,

I would use the PREP_PROCESS_REPORT() function to read the report

Automic 

And I would use the WRITE_PROCESS() function to write it to a TXT file

Automic 

Note that the help documentation I linked you to includes some coding examples at the bottom.

• 7.  Re: Is there a way to get a report of list of files that are copied or FTPd every time a job transfers files

Posted Jan 31, 2019 04:46 PM

This code works for me from a Windows job;

!Read the report and echo it onto the PostProcess report
    :SET &HND# = PREP_PROCESS_REPORT(,,"REP")
    :PROCESS &HND#
    : SET &RET# = GET_PROCESS_LINE(&HND#)
    : PRINT &RET#
    :ENDPROCESS

!Write the report to a TXT file
    :SET &RET# = WRITE_PROCESS(&HND#,"C:\temp\export_&$CLIENT#_&$RESTART_RUNID#.txt",APPUTILD, LOGIN.UC4)
    :PRINT "WRITE RC=&RET#"

• 8.  Re: Is there a way to get a report of list of files that are copied or FTPd every time a job transfers files

Posted Feb 02, 2019 09:20 AM

You can also use the utility program ucybdbar (DB.Archive) to extract the report from the DB and save it into a TXT file. Can be set to be activated in a Job in the Post-Processing of a File Transfer job (JOBF) or an FTP job (RA-FTP).

You just need to pass as parameter the runid of the transfer job to be used as input parameter of the ucybdbar program. Check syntax in the documentation for the details of all possible parameters. Basically the command in the job could be :

ucybdbar -B -Xunload -S<client number> (if AE on Unix, -D<client number> if AE on Windows>)  -R<runid of the transfer job> -TY<report type> (if you need a specific report type : activation, report, post-processing, ....) -O<path and name of the target output file>