Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Is there a way to combine two JSCH objects by editing an export

Posted Jan 23, 2019 07:57 PM

I have several v12 schedules that I would like to merge into one quickly. I do not want to move the tasks from one to the other one at a time.  I exported the schedules to xml files and tried to create a merged xml file that contained just the tasks sections from one of the files added into the other, but I get the following error when I try to import them:

Runtime error in object 'FRAGMENT_JSCH(SET)', line '00121'. DS return code:

'0000000002': 'U00000002 EXISTS'. Error occurred in UCDSFUN at position:

'DS XML2DB JOBP14'.

• 2.  Re: Is there a way to combine two JSCH objects by editing an export

Posted Jan 24, 2019 01:58 PM

I don't know for sure if this idea works or not, but here's the idea;

Place one JSCH in one client (I'll call it S1), and the other JSCH in another client.  (I'll call it S2).  Use the TransportCase facility to export S1.  Then use the TransportCase facility to import S1 into the same client that holds S2 with the "replace" option.

I seem to remember that the TransportCase utility is smart enough to merge objects that contain lists of items.  I know I've seen it work this way with static variables.  I don't know if it will work with JSCH objects, but maybe it will?

• 3.  Re: Is there a way to combine two JSCH objects by editing an export

Posted Jan 24, 2019 05:03 PM

I just tested this, and I'm wrong.  TransportCase does not merge JSCH objects.  Sorry.

• 4.  Re: Is there a way to combine two JSCH objects by editing an export

Posted Jan 25, 2019 10:53 AM

Thanks I tried this as well and the object was replaced

• 5.  Re: Is there a way to combine two JSCH objects by editing an export

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 24, 2019 05:35 PM

Under the <JschStruct> element there are the list of <task>..</task>elements.  You can copy this element from one xml into another but you will need to modify the Lnr="1" for each.  I believe they should be sequentially numbered but haven't done tests to confirm.

I doubt this is a supported approach so take care and test in a non-prod environment.

• 6.  Re: Is there a way to combine two JSCH objects by editing an export

Posted Jan 25, 2019 10:53 AM

Thanks will give it a try