DX Unified Infrastructure Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Robot doesn't show created MCS profiles

• 1.  Robot doesn't show created MCS profiles

Posted Jan 29, 2019 12:20 AM

Hi All,

I have installed robot inside a windows host and created many probes including cdm probe. windows host appear in UMP and probe profiles configure are disappeared now. I could see those profiles earlier but not now. But when i check from Admin Console and Infrastructure Manager i could see configured profiles over there.

Please help to get this resolved.

Thanks

Kasun

• 2.  Re: Robot doesn't show created MCS profiles

Posted Jan 29, 2019 01:55 AM

adding to above, i can see the created profiles QOS graphs as well but not in the monitoring tab.

• 3.  Re: Robot doesn't show created MCS profiles

Posted Jan 29, 2019 04:49 PM

Looks normal. If you select an active template such as 'Default Disk(s)' then it should be highlighted in blue with a + at the right. Clicking the + loads the profile options used to create a profile.

MCS has nothing to do with the probe configure GUI, the two are completely separate. Further more one or the other should be used, and not both. So if you want to use MCS delete the probe and then let MCS deploy it as per the profile's configuration. Note that in most cases the probe configure GUI has more options available than the MCS profile.

Manage Monitoring Using MCS Profile Types - CA Unified Infrastructure Management - 9.0.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 4.  Re: Robot doesn't show created MCS profiles

Posted Jan 29, 2019 08:19 PM

Hi David,

i created memory, disk and cpu using MCS under monitoring tab. After creating it was displayed there for 2 3 weeks but now i cannot see those created cpu, disk and memory in MCS under monitoring tab. But when i checked in Admin Console created profiles are there. My question is how can i get these profiles visible again in the MCS under monitoring tab.

thanks

Kasun

• 5.  Re: Robot doesn't show created MCS profiles

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 30, 2019 04:42 AM

I think I would have a look in the database to see what has happened.

Look in cm_computer_system to get the cs_id for that server and look in ssrv2profile table for the  profiles associated with that device.

Are they there? What is the status field value?

Do you have two cs_id for that device ?

Cheers

Rowan

• 6.  Re: Robot doesn't show created MCS profiles

Posted Jan 30, 2019 05:34 AM

Hi Rowan,

please find below cm_computer_system fields 

select * from cm_computer_system where name = 'win-fm520amot1a' --> 1 cs_id is associated

please find below ssrv2profile fields

select * from ssrv2profile where cs_id = 27556 --> no fields

what is the cause for this?

thanks

Kasun

• 7.  Re: Robot doesn't show created MCS profiles

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 30, 2019 08:40 AM

Can you use a like clause just to be sure…

select * from cm_computer_system where name like '%fm520%'

If there is still only one cs_id and there are no profiles for that host then they must have been deleted somehow.

But for some reason the delete didn't undeploy the monitoring.

• 8.  Re: Robot doesn't show created MCS profiles

Posted Jan 30, 2019 01:26 PM

Hi Rowan,

i have mistakenly created another VM with the same hostname and then only this happened. That might lead probes to delete from the database right? Because the UIM sees two robots from same hostname and confused. Anyway i created the profiles newly and now working fine. thank you for the help.

ragards

Kasun

• 9.  Re: Robot doesn't show created MCS profiles

Posted Jan 30, 2019 08:51 AM

Considering the profiles were there and are now gone, it is my recommendation to open a support case.

• 10.  Re: Robot doesn't show created MCS profiles

Posted Jan 30, 2019 01:27 PM

Hi David,

I opened a support case too still they cannot figure out this. Anyway i created the profile since this is new implementation and not much impact.

thanks

Kasun

• 11.  Re: Robot doesn't show created MCS profiles

Posted Jan 30, 2019 01:29 PM

Hi All,

Any one knows the formula used to Guest Memory Usage ( % percentage ) ? Since vmware probe taking values from MOB i cannot match exact values for the formula to show the customer.

Guest Memory Usage in MB is correct and it is the guestMemoryUsage Property in MOB but Guest Memory usage ( in % of Memory ) the formula calculation need to know from the MOB properties.

please help any one know this.

Thanks

Kasun