Layer7 API Management

• 1.  How to manage API Developer Portal Users when SSO enabled ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 29, 2019 01:40 AM

Hi,

I have a customer who is exposing API Developer Portal Registration with workflow enabled along with activation email notification to their partners. And the requirement is to enable SSO now.

I understand the SSO setup options however not clear on the User management. As per this doc link there is a note - Manage Users - CA API Developer Portal - 4.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

which states:

Note: If single sign-on (SSO) is enabled, you cannot add and manage users using CA API Developer Portal and developers cannot register themselves.

so my questions are,

- How to achieve similar registration flow with workflow and email notification after enabling SSO ?

- Do we need to use CA IDM to achieve above use case and let CA IDM to handle registration/workflow/activation ?

- Even If we use IDM for user mgmt and enable SSO, do we need to create/provision users in the in-built DB too ? or just keeping users in SSO Authentication store (CA dir) and sending them via HTTP headers/SAML response is sufficient ? 

This is not covered in the document, Hope someone could shed some light on this. Thanks.

Regards

Ashok

• 2.  Re: How to manage API Developer Portal Users when SSO enabled ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 29, 2019 05:18 PM

Dear Ashok,

Since you select SSO, the user storage is changed, hence default register flow (add user to the default internal user storage) is not working anymore.

The user management should be on the SSO server side now.

Regards,

Mark