DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Webview is unable to show data

Posted Jan 30, 2019 03:47 AM

In my webview the data is fluctuating the servers and agents populates once and after sometime they disappear.

i had checked logs but could not found anything helpful.

let me know what is the workaround for this issue

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Webview is unable to show data
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 30, 2019 09:08 AM

Dear Robert:

You didn't say whether you looked at the EM or Webview logs or if they were in VERBOSE or DEBUG. Are you EMs having general performance issues?

Can you match EM Supportability Metrics to the time of the disappearance?. 

Thanks 

Hal German

• 3.  Re: Webview is unable to show data

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 31, 2019 12:30 PM

HI Robert,

Have you increased any of the default  EM clamps (max # of live metrics or # of agents)?  MOM and collectors?

There is a chance that you just need to increase memory allocated to Webview in the Webview lax

There are just too many possibilities.

My suggestion would be to start by looking at this kb, it covers most of the common EM performance issues

Introscope Enterprise Manager Troubleshooting and - CA Knowledge 

Section A - it covers the known errors, check if you find any of them in your logs and make the necessary adjustment, but very important increasing the clamps will have an impact in the cluster

Section B - it covers a checklist of common configuration issues we found on customer check each of them please.

And very important, if you are using 10.7, I would suggest to upgrade to the most stable build you can contact support.

APM 10.7.0 Hotfixes - CA Knowledge 

Now if you are using a pre-10.7 (10.5.x), it is even more critical as not all latest hotfixes are available in support.ca.com, so contact support, if you cannot upgrade to 10.7 contact support to obtain a copy of the most stable build.

I hope this helps,

Sergio