Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Missing parameters in header

Posted Jan 30, 2019 12:16 PM

Hello All, 

I am facing one interesting issue. My application landing page when loaded shows a list of documents. The UI team is connected to the CA proxy I created which further connects to the business service to get data from. All the documents shown on the page have View option. I opened Developer Toolbox and checked that when I click on View, user-id : xxxx is set up in the header, but when the new tab opens, the CA proxy error is displayed for the empty header.

I ran the proxy in the debug mode and hit the url again and saw that user-id was null.

Even for getting the list of documents (1st operation), user-id is mandatory , it's only when new tab gets opened up, user-id becomes null even though it appears in F12 of original tab. 

Could you please suggest.

• 2.  Re: Missing parameters in header

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 30, 2019 12:44 PM

Good afternoon,

Please confirm the product that you are using as this does not appear to be aligned to API Management product suite.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Broadcom Support

• 3.  Re: Missing parameters in header

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 30, 2019 05:04 PM

Dear Pramod.Talekar ,

The request is generated/sent by the client, if any problem of request, you may need to check the requestor.

Is the client a browser or an app?

The server side may be able to control the request parameters, but cannot control what headers in the request, the client has to generate the correct request. (A common way is to use cookie to keep the user info)

Regards,

Mark

• 4.  Re: Missing parameters in header

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 30, 2019 05:08 PM

looks like the client is a browser, then you may have to use cookie correctly