Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Imported XSD's

Posted Jan 31, 2019 10:59 AM

This is a variant of a question I had a while back...

I have a legacy SOAP service that has imported XSDs in its WSDL definition.  I need help adding a SOAP service to my API Gateway. I am trying to import a WSDL that imports a couple of XSD schemas using relative pathing. The WSDL imports fine, but when I try to access via my client tooling (ReadyAPI), the XSDs do not resolve resulting in a 404 for the imported resource.  I see the 404 in my traffic log.

Any idea on what I need to do in order to enable this?  The provider isn't able to configure the WSDL to make the pathing absolute.  Even if they could... My request still reports a 404 when I try to issue a request for the actual XSD.

I've opened a case for this already, but I'm not getting much traction.  So, I'm opening it up to the community for some more eyes.

Thanks,

Alejandro

• 2.  Re: Imported XSD's

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 31, 2019 12:26 PM

Good afternoon,

By default the gateway will not modify the path for the import schemas in the WSDL when you attempt to pull down the WSDL from the gateway. To have the gateway, modify the URL to align to the gateway stored documents you need to enable this cluster wide property. service.wsdlDependenciesEnabled set it to true. 

More information: Download WSDL and Policy Documents - CA API Gateway - 9.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Broadcom Support