AutoSys Workload Automation

• 1.  Notify for only last retry failure

Posted Feb 01, 2019 11:20 AM

We have been using the notify for only last retry failure: Alerts option recently. Here is my tests that i have done.

JobA is setup with retry 1, interval 0 and return code 10. The job when ran fails with a RC of 10 and it works fine, the job auto resubmits and the alert only gets fired upon the 2nd failure (1st auto resubmit).

JobB is setup exactly the same, the only difference is that when it runs it fails with a RC of 2. When it runs it does not auto resubmit which is expected. However, the alert does not get fired off. If i change this job to run and fail with a RC of 10 then it does fire the alert.

There is no explicit return code defined to the alert within the Job - Notifications - Alert tab. Can someone please verify that this is working as designed. I don't believe it should be, the return code that you specify to auto resubmit the job seems to be overriding when the alert gets ran.

We are on 12.1 build 1895

• 2.  Re: Notify for only last retry failure

Posted Feb 11, 2019 05:08 PM

To clear up my original post if it wasn't clear, the 2nd job should be firing off an alert because there is one setup in the Notiications - Alerts tab. I am in contact with Nitin Pande on this.

• 3.  Re: Notify for only last retry failure

Posted Feb 25, 2019 05:09 PM

Is there an update on this? Have you gotten this to function as expected?

• 4.  Re: Notify for only last retry failure

Posted Feb 27, 2019 10:46 PM

I have not got this to work as I believe it should. I have Nitin from CA looking at this as well. I have follow up meeting next week with him. I will post my updates