DX NetOps

• 1.  Not All devices showing up?

Posted Feb 04, 2019 03:29 AM

Hi All,

I have created a report using OnDemand option, where I have used a container name(RTR_US) from CA Spectrum.

RTR_US - Router located at all location in United States.

CA Spectrum is showing me 300 devices, when I am downloading the inventory, but while creating a report for the same container name in CAPC the count is less.

I am not sure why there is difference between the numbers from CA Spectrum Inventory and CA PC report.

Any feedback or suggestions really appreciated.

Thanks,

AK

• 2.  Re: Not All devices showing up?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 04, 2019 04:22 PM

Hi Amit,

The devices between Spectrum and PC are synced when the devices model in Spectrum is added to the appropriate IP Domain based Global Collection in Spectrum. These are special container based Global Collections created through the integration.

If only not all members of your large regular Global Collection are also members of the IP Domain based Global Collection for sync to PC it would explain this.

The Global Collections are synced to PC. In PC, the only members of the Global Collection that will be seen in PC are those synced to PC via the IP Domain named Global Collection membership.

Thanks,

Mike

• 3.  Re: Not All devices showing up?

Posted Feb 05, 2019 02:03 AM

Dear Mike,

Thanks for this information and I appreciate your time.

I was also having the same information, but after seeing the mismatch in the count of GC in Spectrum and Performance Center, it created a doubt in my mind. 

I believe IP domains are required for monitoring multiple tenants or environments with overlapping IP addresses, but in my case they are not overlapping at all

All have distinct IP and distinct device name in GC(Spectrum: Devicecount is 1000), but again the same container is showing less numbers in CAPC reports i.e. 100. 

Any suggestions, that where I should be looking at? Do I need to check the data source configuration in CA Spectrum for CA PC?

Thanks in Advance,

AK

• 4.  Re: Not All devices showing up?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 11, 2019 11:16 AM

Every device that is a member of the Standard GC, must also be a member of the correct IP Domain based GC container for sync to PC.

If this isn't done, the inventory for that standard GC as seen in the PC group inventory for the Spectrum DC will not show the correct members.

Only the devices that are part of the IP Domain based GC container will show in that view.

I have a Performance Management lab integrated with a Spectrum lab. It only uses the Default Domain, so I only have a Default Domain named container based GC created by the integration.

If I go to the Manage Groups page, I can expand All Groups->Inventory->Data Sources->Spectrum->All Spectrum Landscapes, I can browse the synced standard GC's and their memberships.

When I look at one in that PC view it has 10 items. In the Spectrum OC client for the same GC, it has 26 items. The difference is that the 16 models missing from the PC GC Inventory are not present in the Default Domain container GC for sync to PC.

If I add them and they sync, they then appear in the PC version of that GC in the All Groups->Inventory->Data Sources->Spectrum->All Spectrum Landscapes group tree after everything syncs up the new items.