AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

• 1.  report

Posted Feb 04, 2019 01:26 PM

Is it possible to pull data on runtimes from nightly processing with something already built in to automic?

Has anyone ever done this before? our staff log the times manually and if there is a way to save the data that would be a huge time saver.

Thank you

Chris

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. R.I.A. Federal Credit Union - Confidential ??

• 2.  Re: report

Posted Feb 04, 2019 01:36 PM

Hi Chris,

Can you let us know which of the "Automic" product are you referring to/using? As depending on which there may be a possibility and/or different way of going about it depending on the product line.

• 3.  Re: report

Posted Feb 04, 2019 03:02 PM

my bad! we run Automic applications manager version 9.2.2 currently.

thank you!

• 4.  Re: report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 04, 2019 03:33 PM

Hi Chris,

Please take a look at the CALC_AVE_RUN job, this job produces a report that may provide the information you're looking for. Here's a link to the online documentation page for this job:

Running the CALC_AVE_RUN Job

Thanks,

Cory

• 5.  Re: report

Posted Feb 04, 2019 03:47 PM

my staff tell me that its not the average that they are looking for. they just want the runtimes for the nightly processing jobs so they don't have to spend tons of time documenting them (even though they are on the database, they still document them). Sarah mentioned that they track them by template number each month.

thank you

• 6.  Re: report

Posted Feb 04, 2019 03:50 PM

a better example of what they are looking for is say for example you do a history query on the nightly process, all those start and end times are shown but they record them in a log so they can compare how they ran the current end of month to ones in the past.

• 7.  Re: report

Posted Feb 04, 2019 04:06 PM

Chris,

Have you tried looking at either the job definition's Execution Options tab or the Process Flow's General tab for a button to calculate the average run time.  This brings up a date selection box to choose how far back to look.  The next box displays every run of the job or process flow for the dates selected with the Elapsed, Start and Finish times.  Those entries can be selected and using {ctl-c} and {ctl-v} cut and pasted into a spreadsheet.

I hope this helps.

-Steve

• 8.  Re: report

Posted Feb 04, 2019 04:43 PM

Here is more info from Sarah, the one who was wondering about this-

hopefully the images come thru

That’s kind of what we currently do.  If they had a report that listed all template run times for a single day, that would be what we want.  The log that we have is done at each end of month and it has the run time of each template that is processed with EOM.  We don’t need an average run time, we need the actual run time for EOM templates

Here’s what we do

We look up a history for a given EOM

double click on the template (I am using 5)

The started and ended time is what we use for our log

We do this for every template ran for ATM & EOM/Q for both live and test, that is why it is so time consuming