Clarity

• 1.  Functionality Waterline mark in portfolio

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 05, 2019 07:04 AM

Hello all,

I am working on portfolio management, i could see the there is a tab called waterlines.

i have gone trough the ca docops for the reference, i understand how ranking of projects can be done but i am not getting clarity on how waterline mark is populating. i mean on what bases that waterline mark is populating?

and need some info on Target tab as well, what is Target, Distributed Target and Distributed Target (Totals)?

Thanks,

Suresh

• 2.  Re: Functionality Waterline mark in portfolio
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 08, 2019 10:43 PM

Hi Suresh,

The waterline is populated based on the Primary Constraint field, which is set on the Waterline tab by clicking the Ranking Rules icon then Define Ranking Rules. Once you save the primary constraint, run Ranking Rules to update the waterline based on the primary constraint which will then adjust the waterline based on the primary constraint. 

For the target questions: Here's a link that gives some information on Target, Distributed Target and Distributed Target (Totals):

Create a Portfolio of Investments - CA PPM SaaS - 15.4 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Here's also a KB on Role Demand on the target tab: Portfolio Setup - not able to get the Role Demand - CA Knowledge 

Regards,

Kristin