AutoSys Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

Is it possible to run a job when all dependents are completed, ignoring dependents that are not scheduled to run that day?

• 1.  Is it possible to run a job when all dependents are completed, ignoring dependents that are not scheduled to run that day?

Posted Feb 05, 2019 03:40 PM

CA Workload Automation DE.

I want to run a job only when the previous dependents are all completed, however some dependents are skipped certain days, and those would have to be ignored.

Is it possible to get the status of previous jobs and use them as variables it in the java script of the successor? 

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to run a job when all dependents are completed, ignoring dependents that are not scheduled to run that day?

Posted Feb 06, 2019 09:07 AM

Hi, 

The jobs that are not scheduled for today will not be selected to run today. They will not be predecessors.  

For example if today were Wednesday then only Wednesday jobs will be selected. On the define screen the schedule may contain jobs that run other days of the week, they will not be selected. 

Let me know if I "missed the boat on this" 

The second question is more complex.  It may be solved using conditional release statements or alerts.  There may be better ways also. 

• 3.  Re: Is it possible to run a job when all dependents are completed, ignoring dependents that are not scheduled to run that day?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 17, 2019 11:50 PM

Hi,

If such requests comes on an adhoc basis, you can please look into the below option that is introduced in 12.1 release.

Insert a Predefined Job into an Active Application - CA Workload Automation DE - 12.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Here you will have to insert the job manually.

Hope it helps,

Ravi Kiran