Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Monitor workflow in STOP - status

Posted Feb 07, 2019 10:00 AM

Hi all,

We were requested to put a recurring production (C_PERIOD) workflow on hold while the Business carried out some work. 

However, we were not notified to restart the workflow which resulted in data not being process until the next day ...

Q is - How can we monitor the "STOP - Auto ..." status of the workflow and send an email or alert to our Operations staff so they can keep on top of this and liaise with the Business to ensure the workflow is restarted in a timely manner.

Any help would be great, Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Monitor workflow in STOP - status

Posted Feb 07, 2019 10:55 AM

You can do a PREP_PROCESS_REPORT for the list of schedules that you want to be monitored.

Then retrieve the current status of the schedule by 

: SET &STATUS# = GET_UC_OBJECT_STATUS(,&RunID#,'STATUS')  

The status for condition "STOP - Automatic Processing has been stopped" is 1563.

So if the status is 1563, you can send an email to support.

• 3.  Re: Monitor workflow in STOP - status

Posted Feb 15, 2019 10:27 AM

Thanks Esther EstherSekar609467  - I'm not sure where I need to configure that ...

Do I need to created a script object for this and schedule it - I'm not a scripting person although I'll give it a go.

• 4.  Re: Monitor workflow in STOP - status

Posted Feb 28, 2019 09:39 AM

That is right. You need to create a new script object. You can have a Time event that runs every 5 minutes to kick off this script that is going to retrieve the status of the schedules and report back in case any schedule has been stopped.