IT Process Automation

• 1.  SDM Event not triggering IT PAM Workflow

Posted Feb 07, 2019 01:55 PM

Hi everyone, 

How are you? I am having an issue with a customization I am developing.

Basically, when a SDM ticket is cancelled, a macro condition from an event checks if this ticket is either Resolved or Cancelled. In case the condition result is TRUE, an IT PAM workflow is triggered.

When the ticket gets to Resolved state, the condition validates this and workflow is correctly started.

But, when ticket is Cancelled, the event and condition are activated, but workflow does not start. 

As I'm not able to see the result of the condition in order to see if it is TRUE or FALSE, I was wondering if this ticket, as Cancelled is an inactive state, events and macros no not work on those tickets.

If that is the case, is there some workaround? (note: turning cancelled into an active state is not a possibility).

Thanks in advance! :) 

Regards,

Axel

• 2.  Re: SDM Event not triggering IT PAM Workflow
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 07, 2019 10:19 PM

Hi Axel,

How do you fire the event in your current implementation?  To have an event fire on a Cancelled ticket, you will need to either attach the event as something other than a Service Type event - which you can do by attaching the event using spel code - or else use a POST_CI trigger to run the macro that launches PAM.  Either way you're up for a little spel.  If you need more detail on how to do this please get back to me.

Regards,

James