CA Service Management

• 1.  How to export SDM contacts with E-mail Address ?

Posted Feb 08, 2019 01:21 AM

Hello everyone, 

I want to export all the contacts of my organization from SDM 17.1. I tried but its not coming with the email addresses. 

Can anyone please guide me how can I export all the contacts along with their email addresses which are already mentioned in their contact.

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: How to export SDM contacts with E-mail Address ?

Posted Feb 08, 2019 02:25 AM

The easiest way to do this might be to add email address to the columns on the list_cnt page.  Export emits all the columns that are listed.  In the out-of-box list_cnt, email address is hidden unless the list is for a CI's contacts - you can quickly suppress the PDM_IFs that hide it and check whether this works. (It does for me)

Regards,

James

• 3.  Re: How to export SDM contacts with E-mail Address ?

Posted Feb 11, 2019 01:36 AM

Dear James, thank you for your reply. Can you please guide me how can i add email address in list_cnt and how to export EMOITS and how to Surpress PDM_IF? can you please explain the procedure.

• 4.  Re: How to export SDM contacts with E-mail Address ?
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 11, 2019 04:10 AM

In Web Screen Painter, open 'list_cnt.htmpl' from the Analyst interface and Default form group:

Open the Source view, search for the text 'attr=email_address'.  You should find this (this is in r17.1):

The '<PDM_IF...> ... </PDM_IF>' stops the email address field from appearing unless the list is being used to select contacts for a CI.  You can suppress this by editing the <PDM_IF ...> and </PDM_IF> to turn them into comments:

Save, publish, log on to SDM and open the contact list - you should see the email addresses:

Now, if you click the 'Export' button, the 'export.xls' will include email address as a column:

Regards,

James

• 5.  Re: How to export SDM contacts with E-mail Address ?

Posted Feb 11, 2019 04:26 AM

wow thanks James.....let me try this....

• 6.  Re: How to export SDM contacts with E-mail Address ?

Posted Feb 11, 2019 05:04 AM

Many thanks James.... it works like a charm...... 

• 7.  Re: How to export SDM contacts with E-mail Address ?

Posted Feb 14, 2019 10:18 AM

You can also do this without adding it to the visible results.  You can use the hidden=yes  attribute to not display it in the GUI but still export it.  Just make sure to specify the exportHdr which is the name of of the column when you export the data.  Ex. below

<PDM_MACRO name=lsCol attr=email_address exportHdr="Email Address" hidden=yes>

• 8.  Re: How to export SDM contacts with E-mail Address ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 08, 2019 03:30 AM

Hi Ahmer,

After you add the email address column to the list_cnt as James advised, the following knowledge document would help to add it to an export file.

KB000019337: How do I add additional fields to be exported from CA Service Desk Manager search results?

Kind regards,

Kaori