DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  APMSQL Grafana limited to only a single agent?

Posted Feb 08, 2019 11:51 AM

It appears the usage of Grafana APMSQL is limited to only pulling in a single agent and the metrics for that specific agent. Are there any future updates that may expand this to pull in multiple agents and metrics with APMSQL Grafana? 

I'm trying to duplicate my Dashboards with Grafana and seeing this isn't going work, as the APM SQL only pulls in one match when using regex for the Agent. I don't even know which agent it pulled back as it doesn't show the agent information either.

This example dashboard show my MOM & Collectors and their Heap usage.

When I try to duplicate this in Grafana, the APMSQL for the Collectors only returns 1 agent, which I don't even know which one it is:

• 2.  Re: APMSQL Grafana limited to only a single agent?
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 14, 2019 10:10 AM

Hi - agree that using APMSQL is somewhat limited in the metrics that can be displayed in Grafana. Plus there is no way to display the agent names, only the metric name. Have a look at this link:-

Grafana Dashboards for CA APM | Novatec 

They have written a CA APM data source for Grafana, based on the Metrics Data Web Service. Can be downloaded from here:-

GitHub - NovatecConsulting/ca-apm-grafana-datasource: CA APM (fka Wily Introscope) Data Source for Grafana 

I am still looking at this as a POC but so far it looks good and is pretty easy to configure the metrics that can be displayed in Grafana.

Thanks.

• 3.  Re: APMSQL Grafana limited to only a single agent?

Posted Feb 14, 2019 01:28 PM

Thank you. That was easy to deploy and is much more useful then the one provided from CA.

• 4.  Re: APMSQL Grafana limited to only a single agent?

Posted Feb 19, 2019 01:53 PM

Here's an example of what I built to replace the other Dashboard using the Novatec APM datasource. I couldn't do this with the CA APMSQL Grafana plugin:

• 5.  Re: APMSQL Grafana limited to only a single agent?

Posted Feb 19, 2019 02:04 PM

Actually, that isn't true with that server performance dashboard above, as it's focus is a single agent. It would be possible with the APMSQL plugin.

I'm working on some dashboards that pull multiple agents & multiple metrics though, which can't be done with the current APMSQL plugin.

• 6.  Re: APMSQL Grafana limited to only a single agent?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 20, 2019 09:12 AM

Thanks for sharing Keith. From time to time, Community members ask for Dashboard examples from time to time. So I am sure this will be helpful! 

• 7.  RE: Re: APMSQL Grafana limited to only a single agent?

Posted Oct 26, 2019 02:59 PM
    Hi,

Can someone help me with "NOT"metric regex in grafana Novatec dashboard?

Basically I am looking for "((Backends)|(?!Web[^\|:]*):Average Response Time (ms) " metric regex used in Grafana

• 8.  RE: Re: APMSQL Grafana limited to only a single agent?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 16, 2019 03:12 AM
    This will be a deprecated plugin for Grafana as DX APM11 does not support the old Web Services API.
    Watch this community for next version of our data access API for APM.

------------------------------
    Custom Solution Architect
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------