Symantec IGA

• 1.  Explore of JNDI connector is getting stuck

Posted Feb 08, 2019 10:56 AM

Hi,

I have created a JNDI connector and deployed it. When i ran explore on that endpoint it gets stuck after reading few accounts. I am not getting idea what's wrong with my connector. Please find below the screenshots of same.

User Account Class -

Group Class -

I have also created reverse association to read memberOf attribute.

Can someone please advise what might be wrong with connector.

Regards,

Nishant

• 2.  Re: Explore of JNDI connector is getting stuck

Posted Feb 11, 2019 11:15 AM

Please review the following KB article and try configuring the forcePagedResults parameter to false and retest.

Exploring a SUNONE 5.2.4 endpoint via Provisioning - CA Knowledge 

• 3.  Re: Explore of JNDI connector is getting stuck

Posted Feb 12, 2019 06:21 AM

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for your response. I tried that but its not working. In my case, i am able to explore user accounts but it gets stuck while exploring groups. In the groups class i have just mapped basic attributes i.e. Group Name and member.

I am not sure what might be causing the issue. Please advise.

Regards,

Nishant

• 4.  Re: Explore of JNDI connector is getting stuck

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 13, 2019 10:39 AM

There is a support ticket opened for this. we are actively working it, and will post resolution here when complete.

Bill Patton

• 5.  Re: Explore of JNDI connector is getting stuck

Posted Feb 14, 2019 02:30 AM

Hi,

For me, I will check the LDAP group objectclass been used and it's attributes. 

Mapped with basic group attribute(without memberof field)  and test exploration. 

It can be due to group objectclass not specified correctly or the mandatory attribute for group object is not set correctly.

Once u tested working with basic group attribute, then add in the memberOf attribute and test the exploration.

regards,

William

• 6.  Re: Explore of JNDI connector is getting stuck

Posted Feb 19, 2019 07:44 AM

Hi William,

I excluded all the irrelevant object class from my connector. Now i am able to explore Group objects including uniqueMember attribute. But now my connector only explores half of the User account and explore gets finished without any error. I am not sure why its not able to explore all user accounts.

Please advise.

Regards,

Nishant

• 7.  Re: Explore of JNDI connector is getting stuck

Posted Feb 19, 2019 08:16 PM

Then this could be data problem. Check ur group name and uniqueMember whether contain special chars...

also check the provisioning log (on ur exploration), see the failure is on which group object.

• 8.  Re: Explore of JNDI connector is getting stuck

Posted Feb 20, 2019 04:58 AM

Hi William,

I think problem is not with the Group object as connector is able to explore all the group object properly. The issue with my connector currently is that it is not able to explore all User account. Out of 268 accounts it only explored 150 user accounts. I don't see any error in Provisioning logs as well. Moreover, when i create a separate connector with only User object, it explored all the user accounts.

Could you please advise on this issue. 

Regards,

Nishant

• 9.  Re: Explore of JNDI connector is getting stuck
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 20, 2019 08:40 AM

Hi William,

I did some more analysis on the user accounts and figured out that connector was missing an object class. So, i added it and now Connector is able to explore all user accounts.

Thanks for your advise.

Regards,

Nishant