CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

CA SDM - 17.1.0.2 - How to generate the link of surveys with valid msg_digest?

• 1.  CA SDM - 17.1.0.2 - How to generate the link of surveys with valid msg_digest?

Posted Feb 10, 2019 01:09 PM

Hello Guys,

I have installed a CA SDM 17.1 with roll-up patch 17.1.0.2 and I need to know if is possible generate, inside a notification template, the following survey link with msg_digest function:

http://servername:8080/CAisd/pdmweb.exe?OP=DO_SURVEY+SVY_ID=400002+CNT_ID=@{call_req_id.customer}+CNTXT_PERSID=@{call_req_id.persid}+MSG_DIGEST=??????????

I've tried to install and uninstall the option op_Authenticate_Survey but no success.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Jorge Arcanjo de Souza

• 2.  Re: CA SDM - 17.1.0.2 - How to generate the link of surveys with valid msg_digest?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 11, 2019 07:37 AM

Hi Jorge,

Unfortunately this is not possible, at least not yet. There is a defect opened and Engineering is evaluating this subject and we we will need to wait to see what will be done in this matter. Currently, if you are using the URL survey in a notification template, there is no way to generate the MSG_DIGEST value manually or even automatically.

The MSG_DIGEST parameter in the survey link is internally generated by the system using a hash algorithm designed to ensure the integrity of the link/URL, so it cannot be tampered.

As a suggestion, you need to use the survey tab under Activity Notification instead of the URL survey link used under the custom notification template. Following this way, the new satisfaction surveys can be responded properly.

Note: the old surveys generated from tickets before the patch application still not having the new MSG_DIGEST parameter cannot be answered, and will return the error "AHD05237:Erro interno nas pesquisas." when clicking on the URL link. It would be necessary to reissue these surveys from these tickets so it would take the new parameter, hence they could be answered properly.

Regards,

Roberto

• 3.  Re: CA SDM - 17.1.0.2 - How to generate the link of surveys with valid msg_digest?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 11, 2019 12:30 PM

I have a related issue...I don't see MSG_DIGEST part a t all? Can someone point out what process generates this(webengine, mail daemon etc)? Thanks.

• 4.  Re: CA SDM - 17.1.0.2 - How to generate the link of surveys with valid msg_digest?

Posted Feb 13, 2019 01:56 AM

As far as I can see:

The MSG_DIGEST parameter gets generated by spelsrvr when preparing the mail message during sending a survey request. It was introduced because of a security violation in 17.1.0.2 , see https://support.ca.com/us/product-content/recommended-reading/security-notices/ca20190117-01-security-notice-for-ca-service-desk-manager.html

Regards

............Michael

• 5.  Re: CA SDM - 17.1.0.2 - How to generate the link of surveys with valid msg_digest?

Posted Feb 13, 2019 05:58 AM

Michael, Is there a spell method for that? If so, what is the name and parameter they accept? It solve my problem for a while.

Regards,

Jorge Arcanjo de Souza

• 6.  Re: CA SDM - 17.1.0.2 - How to generate the link of surveys with valid msg_digest?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 13, 2019 06:04 AM

Hi Jorge,

In talk I had internally, this is dynamically generated by our code and there is no method right now to generate it through some SPEL code yet.

Regards,

Roberto

• 7.  RE: Re: CA SDM - 17.1.0.2 - How to generate the link of surveys with valid msg_digest?

Posted May 05, 2020 05:46 PM
    Hi,
    I'm using SDM 17.2.0.7 and need to generate the survey digest in order to construct the survey link by my own (using a PAM process).

Is it available right now?

Regards,
    Fabio.

• 8.  RE: Re: CA SDM - 17.1.0.2 - How to generate the link of surveys with valid msg_digest?

Posted May 06, 2020 01:45 PM
    Broadcom support sent me this documentation: https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=143349

Perhaps it helps.

Regards,
    Fabio.

• 9.  Re: CA SDM - 17.1.0.2 - How to generate the link of surveys with valid msg_digest?
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 01, 2019 04:12 PM

Hi Guys,

After a couple of days I created my own workaround to correct this issue:
    - Configure the survey as docummentation suggest How to Configure Surveys - CA Service Management - 17.1 - CA Technologies Documentation and keep the name of Survey Message Title

- Create a new string field with 2000 characters of size on Call_Req Table, example: lnk_srvy;

- Create a action macro that blocks the object as follow:

string wc, arrSplit[2];
    int debug, num;

debug=1;
    wc = format("cntxt_obj ='%s' AND msg_hdr='<Survey Message Title>'",persistent_id);

send_wait(0, top_object(), "call_attr", "api", "get_val_for_wc", "lr", wc,"msg_text");
    if (msg_error()) {
    logf(ERROR, "Macro Digest -- Ticket: %s - Error: %s", ref_num, msg[0]);
    }
    else {
    lnk_srvy = msg[0];
    if( debug==1 ) {
    logf(SIGNIFICANT, "Macro Digest -- Ticket: %s - Survey Link %s", ref_num, lnk_srvy);
    };
    //remove string lines
    lnk_srvy=gsub(lnk_srvy, "\0012", "");

//Catch DIGEST value
    num=split(arrSplit,lnk_srvy,"DIGEST=");
    lnk_srvy=arrSplit[1];

if( debug==1 ) {
    logf(SIGNIFICANT, "Macro Digest -- Ticket: %s - Digest saved: %s", ref_num, lnk_srvy);
    };
    }

- Create a new Event and associate to Action Macro above, remember to put a delay of 10 seconds on event;

- On the same Activity Notification that you configured the survey, attach the new Event;

- After all that you could be return to use the link on HTML Message templates like that:

http://dns_name/CAisd/pdmweb.exe?OP=DO_SURVEY+SVY_ID=400002+CNT_ID=@{call_req_id.customer}+CNTXT_PERSID=@{call_req_id.persistent_id}+MSG_DIGEST=@{call_req_id.lnk_srvy} 

Regards,

Jorge Arcanjo de Souza

• 10.  RE: Re: CA SDM - 17.1.0.2 - How to generate the link of surveys with valid msg_digest?

Posted Sep 29, 2020 03:57 AM
    Piggy-backing on the previous idea, at least for Managed Surveys, a way to get the survey notification link is to use cnt::notify_svylist from Spel:

• create a frg Spel file to call cnt::notify_svylist, simulating sending the initial message of the Survey using the Notification method (so no email is sent to the user) and an empty message body.
    • read back the notification generated from as a lr object (the Notification should be visible also in the Notification History from the Service Desk tab). The message body (msg_text) should contain the link.
    • print/use the link obtained.
    • (optional) delete the notification object from the lr table so it doesn't clutter the table.

Of course, the trick is how to call cnt::notify_svylist, but this can be easily deduced by:
    * actually sending a 'Notification' type notification from the Managed Survey Initial Message tab
    * turn on bop logging via bop_logging domsrvr on and look at the log to see how the method is called. The only variables that need to be changed are the Contact's persid and the Managed Survey's id.