IT Process Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

PAM workflow to close tickets in SDM

• 1.  PAM workflow to close tickets in SDM

Posted Feb 09, 2019 01:31 AM

Dear All,

i have a scenario, using SDM, SC and PAM. 

i need to set SC request to complete when using classic SDM workflow after approvals in SC and completing this classic workflow and closing CO.

i need to do this using PAM.

anyone can help how to build this in PAM.

Thanks

• 2.  Re: PAM workflow to close tickets in SDM

Posted Feb 11, 2019 09:56 AM

I assume you have created PAM processes before.

The process would query the CO to get the associated Catalog Request and then update the Request status to Fulfilled. You could trigger the run of the process by creating a (Execute ITPAM) macro in Service Desk and an Event which you add to the Close Activity Notification.

• 3.  Re: PAM workflow to close tickets in SDM

Posted Feb 18, 2019 05:27 AM

Hi Lindsay,

i have this scenario, first the requester an approval for a service i choose built in one sometimes policy approval for multiple.

then it goes from pending fullfilment to filled from inventory which opens a Change Order in SDM using built in pam process also.

Next when this Change Order opens with status RFC, the change category has a classic workflow with multi approval task to do once completed, we close the Change Order but the SC-request is not getting completed as status.

can i choose the above to be able to see SC-request completed once the CO is closed.

Thanks 

Dany 

• 4.  Re: PAM workflow to close tickets in SDM

Posted Feb 20, 2019 10:20 AM

Why does your process set the status to "Filled From Inventory" and not "USD Change Order Opened"? This would seem to be a more appropriate status.

• 5.  Re: PAM workflow to close tickets in SDM

Posted Feb 20, 2019 12:38 PM

Hi Lindsay, 

Sure things the SC-request status gets to USD Change Order Opened but when i close this CO it does not reflect in SC as completed it remains as USD Change Order Opened.

Thanks and Regards

Dany 

• 6.  Re: PAM workflow to close tickets in SDM

Posted Feb 20, 2019 04:10 PM

OK, earlier you said the status is being changed to "Filled From Inventory" and now you say "USD Change Order Opened". Which one is it please?

• 7.  Re: PAM workflow to close tickets in SDM

Posted Feb 20, 2019 09:34 PM

HI Lindsay, 

My Apologizes you are right i said filled from inventory but i was mistaken. i reach USD change order opened and it remains as it is even i close the CO in SDM

My apologizes again. 

Thanks and Regards

Dany

• 8.  Re: PAM workflow to close tickets in SDM

Posted Feb 25, 2019 02:42 PM

There should be a process in your Process Automation library (folder CA SDM) named HWSW_FulfillFromInventory. Use this process as a basis for creating a new process to set the Catalog Request to status 'Fulfilled' (which automatically cascades to 'Completed'). After you have created the process and created an SRF to launch the process, do the following:

1. Add a new macro
      1. Symbol = Fulfill Catalog Request
      2. Macro Type = Execute CA IT PAM Action
      3. Object Type = Change Order
      4. CA IT PAM Definition = name of the process you created
    2. Add a new Event
      1. Name = Fulfill Catalog Request
      2. Object Type = Change Order
      3. Delay Time = 00:00:01
      4. Action on True = Fulfill Catalog Request
    3. Modify the Activity Notification Close
      1. Object Type = Change Orders
      2. On tab 3 (Events) add the event you defined in step 2

Note: Add the tag macro to the SRF you created.

Note: You can also create a Site-defined Condition macro that tests the zusmrequestid and zusmrequestitemid for being Not Empty and use this macro to condition the event so it only fires for those Change Orders created from the Catalog.

• 9.  Re: PAM workflow to close tickets in SDM

Posted Mar 18, 2019 06:29 AM

Hi Lindsay,

Following documents you sent, then i have to create change_close process for it or there is any OOTB i can use?

i will attach one can you check if it is suitable or feasible for my request?

Thanks 

Dany

• 10.  Re: PAM workflow to close tickets in SDM

Posted Mar 24, 2019 10:21 PM

Hi Dany,

No, there is no OOTB process to do what you want to do. As I mentioned, you can build your own using the HWSW_FulfillFromInventory process as an example.

I have not seen you attach one yet.

Cheers,

Lindsay

• 11.  Re: PAM workflow to close tickets in SDM

Posted Mar 25, 2019 02:02 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Landsay,

Good Day, i already attached the process.

the CA SDM/HWSW_Fullfiled process will not fit the need because, i have the Change Category in SDM that is using classic workflow task.

What i understood that i have to create similar process that i have to insert in it these tasks in PAM such as assign user task.

Thanks and Regards

Dany.

Attachment(s)

zip
    Change_Close.xml.zip   7 KB 1 version

• 12.  Re: PAM workflow to close tickets in SDM

Posted Mar 25, 2019 05:33 PM

Hi Dany,

I did not say that the CA SDM/HWSW_Fullfiled process will do what you need, only that you could use it as an a reference to develop your own process. It does not matter whether you are using classic workflow on your Change Category. I feel like you are a long way from being able to develop this yourself.

If your organization is interested in engaging me to develop this for you please email me at Lindsay@iteduconsultants.com.

Cheers,

Lindsay