AutoSys Workload Automation

• 1.  Create an application to remove failed application from monitor window

Posted Feb 11, 2019 07:27 AM

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to create an application which can force complete the failed application generation present in the monitor window. As we have to maintain a particular number of active generations in the monitor window so that the server keep working fine, and to force complete the failed applications one by one is a tedious job.

Please suggest if there is any command using which we can achieve the above task, thanks for the help in advance.

• 2.  Re: Create an application to remove failed application from monitor window

Posted Feb 11, 2019 03:28 PM

We usually force complete at the job level vs application level for non critical jobs without successors jobs. Here are some of the java scripts we use in Alerts.

you could create an alert that would need to be on every job, the alert would run this java script. When a job fails it would trigger the alert "FORCECOMPLETE_JOB" and the failed job would immediately be force completed.

execCommand ('%WOB._fullname','%(APPL._name).%APPL._gen', 'ACTION COMPLETE Reason ("auto force complete alert")');

Here is a java script that could be used in an alert to force complete an entire applications.  Something within the application would have to invoke an alert "FORCECOMPLETE_APPL"

execCommand ('all','%(APPL._name).%APPL._gen', 'ACTION COMPLETE Reason ("auto force complete alert")');

• 3.  Re: Create an application to remove failed application from monitor window

Posted Feb 21, 2019 12:50 PM

Thanks for the reply.

But can we create a CA application which force completes the failed and older generations of other application which are present in the monitor perspective.

• 4.  Re: Create an application to remove failed application from monitor window

Posted Mar 01, 2019 06:41 AM

You can create an application and have a LINK job which executes the java script mentioned by shimaneks . We either run the TASK job at the end of the day to clear failed jobs from that day. In another case, we set the generation number to be removed by defining the below in the java script section of the TASK job so that it will only removed old jobs older than 3 generations.

WOB.GENERATION = APPL._gen - 3;
    execCommand('ALL','KDM_TABLE.%WOB.GENERATION','ACTION COMPLETE');

• 5.  Re: Create an application to remove failed application from monitor window

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 07, 2019 02:07 AM

Hi,

So as I understand , you want to do this action on all the failed jobs and application at that instance right.

Can you please let me know if we can have a call to discuss this. You can reach me at kunduri.kiran@broadcom.com

Thanks and regards,

Ravi Kiran