DX NetOps

Expand all | Collapse all

How to move a device from a custom NCM device family to the default Cisco IOS familiy?

• 1.  How to move a device from a custom NCM device family to the default Cisco IOS familiy?

Posted Feb 12, 2019 04:23 AM

We moved a device from default Cisco IOS family to a custom familiy. But now we want to move it back to Cisco IOS because the configuration should be saved via SNMP.

It is not possible to do this in OneClick UI because Cisco IOS is not displayed in "Add to"-dialogue

Thanks for reply.

• 2.  Re: How to move a device from a custom NCM device family to the default Cisco IOS familiy?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 12, 2019 04:45 AM

Hi Dirk,

I have tested this on my lab server and it has worked for me.  You need to select the device that is in the Custom Device Family and right click and select Remove.  Remove will only remove the device from the custom device family but the device will not be deleted.

Once the device has been removed you will need to find the device and right click and select Reconfigure, Reevaluate NCM Device Family and the device should be placed back into the Cisco IOS device family.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Glenn

• 3.  Re: How to move a device from a custom NCM device family to the default Cisco IOS familiy?

Posted Feb 12, 2019 05:06 AM

Hi Glen,

great this way works fine.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Dirk