Clarity

• 1.  CLARITY PPM 13.2

Posted Feb 11, 2019 11:51 PM
      |   view attached

Hi,

Can anyone please assist with the issue below, as I believe this is more like a project related issue, rather then user setup issue.

Please see the attached spreadsheet.

Can I please ask for some investigating to be done into the errors (highlighted in yellow in the attached spreadsheet) that are showing up in the approved timesheet report that was run for WE10022019.
    1.  Sathish Arjunan is showing up twice for the same project (it's impossible to submit 2 lots of hours for the same week), one with financials and the other without.  2. Taryn Buck, Dale Hibberd, David Todd & Scott Williamson all have a project with no financials showing but other projects that they are working on are showing financials.
    Thank you

• 2.  Re: CLARITY PPM 13.2

Posted Feb 12, 2019 03:53 AM

More information please. preferably screenshots of the timesheets.

It is possible to submit time to several tasks in one project. Are the timeentries for AS for the same task or different taks?

When you enter time it really does not take into consideration if the project is financially enabled at that point. You can enter time for projects that are financially enable and also for projects that are not financially enabled. The difference in considered when doing transaction post to financials.

• 3.  Re: CLARITY PPM 13.2

Posted Feb 12, 2019 04:01 PM

Thank you Urmas.

I have passed on your answer to business user.

Appreciate your response.

• 4.  Re: CLARITY PPM 13.2

Posted Feb 12, 2019 04:05 PM

Urmas,

Can I also clarify that user setup in Clarity wouldn't have caused any of this?

Because I have double checked the user's setup, and they are all correct.

Regards

Ahmet

• 5.  Re: CLARITY PPM 13.2

Posted Feb 13, 2019 03:15 AM

This is what a timesheet in Clarity 13.2 looks like

The project is not financially enabled as the name indicates. No problem entering time.

There are two tasks in the project. The resource has entered time for the full work week for both.

Further more the resource has entered another 40 hours to Task 1 with no Input type code.

So if you look at the timeentries in the database and only for the project name and do not pay attention to the task and the other fields for the time entry record there can be more than one record for the same project.

The practsum in your case looks a little bit suspicious as Arjunan seems to have two records for the same project with full work week. Is one of the records possibly for an adjusted timesheet and the other for the adjustment?

• 6.  Re: CLARITY PPM 13.2

Posted Feb 13, 2019 02:22 AM

As a suggestion, please remove the URL links in your attached spreadsheet.  You are providing your company details in those URL's, as well as names of some staff working for your company, not to mention some of the projects you are currently working on.  Ironically, one project is in relation to Cyber Resilience.

As Urmas indicates, additional information is required, as the spreadsheet doesn't even provide column headers, so makes it challenging in aswering your question, as it is unknown what those columns relate to, or how the data was obtained.

I disagree with your statement "SA is showing up twice for the same project (it's impossible to submit 2 lots of hours for the same week)".  If SA has been assigned to multiple tasks on the same project, they can allocate hours against any of those tasks (subject to required conditions being met on timesheeting).