Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Can we Delete and Update on the same GMU mappings command?

Posted Feb 12, 2019 05:04 AM

Hello,

I want to create a manage mappings command that will take care of all cases in a single command.

More specifically, 

if I have a folder in my source Gateway that includes the below:

lets say I then make changes to the Service (Update) audit_sync and I delete the policy testmalvina, is there a way with one command to update and delete in target Gateway?

1)I have exported the whole folder:

GatewayMigrationUtility.sh migrateOut --argFile gatewayproperties.properties --dest malvina.xml --folderName /Malvina

2)Can I have something like that in the manage mappings command:

GatewayMigrationUtility.sh manageMappings --argFile gatewayproperties.properties --bundle Malvina.xml  --type service, policy --action DeleteOrIgnore + NewOrUpdate

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Can we Delete and Update on the same GMU mappings command?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 12, 2019 06:27 PM

Good afternoon,

I've looked at the scenario that you are proposing and I needed to understand if the policy has been deleted from the source system prior to the attempt to remove on the source. If the policy is removed on source then you can not map to delete it from the destination. 

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Broadcom Support

• 3.  Re: Can we Delete and Update on the same GMU mappings command?

Posted Feb 13, 2019 08:16 AM

Hi Stephen,

thank you for your reply. Yes in my scenario under the folder Malvina I have deleted the testMalvina on the source. I was hopping that the mappings would reflect the deletion on target too.

Regards

Malvina

• 4.  Re: Can we Delete and Update on the same GMU mappings command?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 14, 2019 02:19 PM

Malvina,

You would need to do the mapping with the deletion first then remove is from the source.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Broadcom Support