DX NetOps

• 1.  alarm Notifier send the email as SMS with subject and when it's received the subject is encoded =?utf-8?B?Lg==?=

Posted Feb 13, 2019 05:16 AM

Hi All,

we have spectrum 10.3 ..

Using the alarm Notifier we are sending the SMS notification for critical alert .. and the sms receiving but the subject is encoded , it's contains like =?utf-8?B?Lg==?=.

body is fine only subject is encoding : sample SMS is below,

=?utf-8?B?Lg==?=

Date:             02/12/2019 15:21:00

ModelName:        HYDANAAPP01.npci.org.in

AlarmTitle:  AGGREGATE STATE CHANGE DETECTED

Thanks,

john.

• 2.  Re: alarm Notifier send the email as SMS with subject and when it's received the subject is encoded =?utf-8?B?Lg==?=

Posted Feb 19, 2019 06:12 AM

Hi All,

Can anyone help me on this...

Thanks,

john.

• 3.  Re: alarm Notifier send the email as SMS with subject and when it's received the subject is encoded =?utf-8?B?Lg==?=

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 19, 2019 08:15 AM

Hi John,

Can you provide more detail on how you have this configured?  Can you provide the custom entries in the SetScript that you used?

Cheers

Jay

• 4.  Re: alarm Notifier send the email as SMS with subject and when it's received the subject is encoded =?utf-8?B?Lg==?=

Posted Feb 20, 2019 03:48 AM

Hi Jay,

I just duplicate the Notifier script and create the new one as a SMS ... for getting  alarm title only i used the custom entries ...

Thanks,

john.

• 5.  Re: alarm Notifier send the email as SMS with subject and when it's received the subject is encoded =?utf-8?B?Lg==?=

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 20, 2019 08:19 AM

Hi John,

The default SetScript doesn't have SMS notification so there needs to be customizing to get it to work.  If you can provide the customization or the SetScript itself we might be able to help.

Cheers

Jay

• 6.  Re: alarm Notifier send the email as SMS with subject and when it's received the subject is encoded =?utf-8?B?Lg==?=

Posted Feb 20, 2019 11:46 PM

Hi Jay,

We are sending the email notification from our smtp server to external SMS gate way .. there only it's convert the email into the text message..

set script everything is same only like alarm notifier set script..

here the only thing is the the subject and body message is in the plain text format and the rfc standard it's encoded the subject like UTF-8 charset with base 64 encoding ..

kindly confirm me that which language is using for writing the setscript .. i don't think it's a perl.. if you help me with the setscript language then based on that we can use the utf-8 format in the setscript.. may be it will solve the plain text encoding problem.. 

Thanks,

john.

• 7.  Re: alarm Notifier send the email as SMS with subject and when it's received the subject is encoded =?utf-8?B?Lg==?=

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 20, 2019 11:54 PM

Hi John,

The SetScript is written in Shell Scripting.

Thanks,

Mahesh

• 8.  Re: alarm Notifier send the email as SMS with subject and when it's received the subject is encoded =?utf-8?B?Lg==?=

Posted Feb 22, 2019 01:22 AM

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me how to use the UTF-8 in the shell script..

Thanks,

john.

• 9.  Re: alarm Notifier send the email as SMS with subject and when it's received the subject is encoded =?utf-8?B?Lg==?=

Posted Mar 06, 2019 01:06 AM

Hi All,

Can anyone  tell me that which format the alarm notifier will send the email whether Rich Text or HTML format,plain text.

Thanks,

john.