Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Can I use a Calculated Attribute in a Process? Or, is there a Workaround?

• 1.  Can I use a Calculated Attribute in a Process? Or, is there a Workaround?

Posted Feb 13, 2019 11:37 AM

Hello - 

I'll start with some context;  I've created numerous fields for 14 inherent risk areas, each having its own: Is this a Risk, Impact, Likelihood, Raw Score, and Adjusted Score custom attributes.  Logic and explanation for each is as follows:

Is this a Risk?: Boolean - User checks for "Yes" or leaves blank for "No"

Impact: Risk Impact Lookup - Low (1)/Moderate (2)/High (3) - User selects one of the options if there's a risk

Likelihood: Risk Probability Lookup - Remote (1)/Moderate (2)/High (3) - User selects one of the options if there's a risk

Raw Score: Impact * Likelihood - Calculated attribute

Adjusted Score: (Raw Score * Weight %) + Raw Score - Calculated attribute

There's another custom attribute named "Count Is this a Risk? True Flag" which is a calculated value that adds every "Is this a Risk?" boolean attribute to determine the count of true flags.

The roadblock I've encountered is being unable to add the above Count True Flag attribute into the process for calculating the adjusted scores. I would like to set the above calculated attribute within the "IF" section and the "Then Go To.." would go to a step depending on what the # of True count is.   However, I'm unable to add the calculated attribute into the IF column as it's not an available selection.

Is there a workaround, or some way I can add a calculated (number) attribute into the IF section of a process?

Please do not hesitate asking questions for clarification if needed.

Thanks,

Matt

• 2.  Re: Can I use a Calculated Attribute in a Process? Or, is there a Workaround?
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 13, 2019 12:05 PM

Issue resolved, no action required.

Although the GUI builder does not list calculated attributes as available selections, I'm able to hard-code this into the IF statement using the attribute ID.

Matt