AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

• 1.  Notifications for DB_ERROR and DIED Status

Posted Feb 13, 2019 10:40 AM

We currently get a notification when a job fails with the "ABORTED" status but we don't get a notification when a job has the status of "DB_ERROR" or "DIED". Where can I add those statuses so we get a notification from Automic?

Thank you.

• 2.  Re: Notifications for DB_ERROR and DIED Status
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 13, 2019 08:05 PM

In the notification details for a notification object, one of the options for a "Status Trigger" is the "Failed To Start" option. If you take a look at the documentation for Notifications and found here, you will see that the Failed to Start option covers both DB_ERROR and DIED status. Below is a screenshot of the notification detail as well as an excerpt from the documentation regarding Status Triggers and their descriptions:

Notification detail

Notification Detail

Status Triggers > Specifies the status that will trigger the Notification:

• Finished: The task goes to a FINISHED status.
    • Deleted: The task is deleted from the Backlog.
    • Aborted: Any failure status, such as ABORTED or TIMED OUT.
    • Failed to Start: Any status that prohibited the task from running, such as LAUNCH_ERROR, DIED, or DB_ERROR.
    • Hold: The task is put into a HOLD status.
    • Running: The task goes into a RUNNING status.
    • Completed: The task completes without regard to status.
    • Queued: The task goes to QUEUED status.
    • Requested: The task is requested or run with awrun.
    • Restart Finished: A task was restarted and has finished with a decimal value run ID rather than an integer.
    • Condition: Indicates that this Notification is one that is meant to be used in a SEND NOTIFICATION condition action. For an example, see Checking and Notifying the Time Since Request.

Hope this Helps!!

• 3.  Re: Notifications for DB_ERROR and DIED Status

Posted Feb 14, 2019 09:15 AM

Thank you very much!

• 4.  Re: Notifications for DB_ERROR and DIED Status

Posted Feb 15, 2019 09:20 AM

The problem is if we set it to Failed to Start, we no loner get the Aborted job notifications (we have to select one or the other). Is there anyway we can get a notification for both on the same job?

Thanks.

• 5.  Re: Notifications for DB_ERROR and DIED Status

Posted Feb 15, 2019 10:05 AM

Dave,

In one Notification definition, you can set up one Notification Detail using the Aborted Status Trigger

and another Notification Detail using the Failed to Start Status Trigger, which would make sense as

I would think you would want different information/messages for the 2 types as in one, the job hasn’t

started, while in the other, the job ran but aborted.

If you have any questions or need an example, please let me know.

Ed.

Ed Knowles                                                                                Email: eknowle@siue.edu<mailto:eknowle@siue.edu>

Assistant Director, IT                                                                                Phone: 618-650-3813

Production Control & Enterprise Reporting

ITS - Southern Illinois University Edwardsville

• 6.  Re: Notifications for DB_ERROR and DIED Status

Posted Feb 15, 2019 10:17 AM

We have the alert setup on a Program Type that is used to run all SQT jobs. Only one notification can be setup per this configuration. Any suggestions?

• 7.  Re: Notifications for DB_ERROR and DIED Status

Posted Feb 15, 2019 10:30 AM

Hi Dave,

If I'm understanding correctly, like Ed said, you can add multiple Notification Details to one Notification Object.  It would look like this:

I have one Notification - VFCU_DNA_ABORTED - that will look for Status Trigger Aborted first, then Status Trigger Failed To Start.  I have this notification assigned to an Application, but the concept should be the same when applied to a Program Type.

Hope this helps.

Thank you,

Dom

• 8.  Re: Notifications for DB_ERROR and DIED Status

Posted Feb 15, 2019 10:34 AM

Dom,

Yes, that is what I was trying to convey.  Thanks!!

Ed.

Ed Knowles                                                                                Email: eknowle@siue.edu<mailto:eknowle@siue.edu>

Assistant Director, IT                                                                                Phone: 618-650-3813

Production Control & Enterprise Reporting

ITS - Southern Illinois University Edwardsville

• 9.  Re: Notifications for DB_ERROR and DIED Status

Posted Feb 15, 2019 10:50 AM

Ah, got it guys. Thank you!