Clarity

• 1.  How can I identify a child project and its master project

Posted Feb 14, 2019 01:31 PM

Hi,

I want to know if there some way to identify the complete tree of a master Project a its child Project. I was trying with Master Project Code and Master Project Code but it didn't work .

Anybody can help me?

Regards,

Cira

• 2.  Re: How can I identify a child project and its master project

Posted Feb 15, 2019 01:16 AM

From PPM, navigate to Hierarchy, where you have access to Children and Parents (separate pull-downs).

From database perspective, INV_HIERARCHIES stored the relationship.  There are other tables, (aka 'flat' version).

• 3.  Re: How can I identify a child project and its master project

Posted Feb 15, 2019 04:23 AM

Data is held in the PRSUBPROJECT and PRTASK tables

See the "Projects" entity reference diagram in the Technical Reference Guide

To get the full "tree" you will need to make recursive joins (On Oracle this is the CONNECT BY syntax in SQL) 

As has also been mentioned the "hierarchies" tables also give a view of that data.

Note that a project may be the child project of multiple parents (i.e. A is a parent of B, C is also a parent of B, D is also a parent of B), but the application will prevent a circular reference from happening (so A is a parent of B and B is a parent of C and C is a parent of A can not happen)

• 4.  Re: How can I identify a child project and its master project

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 16, 2019 11:08 AM

And if a child has multiple parents, the Allocation Percentage is populated with how much of the child's financials and effort rollup to which parent.