CA Service Management

• 1.  CA SDM 17.1 REST API - nr family attribute

Posted Feb 14, 2019 07:33 AM

Hi,

We are trying to make CI's RESTful automatic management and we have no problems with base nr fields and relations.

Can anybody tell me how to update family extension attributes in the same call? We are trying to but get no error.

In this case is a family of operating system family an the atribute type.

<assoc_opsysx>collection_opsysx</assoc_opsysx>

Thanks in advance

• 2.  Re: CA SDM 17.1 REST API - nr family attribute

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 14, 2019 10:14 AM

here we deal with CMDB...I would say create the CI first and with the returned handler for extension you do another call(like use updateObject()) to update the extension values.

• 3.  Re: CA SDM 17.1 REST API - nr family attribute

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 14, 2019 10:35 AM

Sorry...another PUT not updateObject()...I was thinking SOAP 

• 4.  Re: CA SDM 17.1 REST API - nr family attribute

Posted Feb 14, 2019 10:50 AM

I don't think you can update related object in a single call.

You need to make two calls!

This is what i do here.

• 5.  Re: CA SDM 17.1 REST API - nr family attribute

Posted Feb 15, 2019 02:07 AM

In RestApi documentation how to put the brel related fields; So assoc_opsysx field is a brel defined field

Chi Chen is right

BREL, QREL, and BLREL Processing

The REST API provides the sample Java code for the user to work with tickets through the REST API with BREL and QREL attributes. The BREL, QREL, and BLREL attributes only support the Get operation. The files contain the following operations:

• Create BREL using the documented, multi-step process. For example, add activity logs to a Change Order. For QREL, create multiple Change Orders as children to a Change Order. For BLREL, add multiple CIs to a Change Order.
    • Get a list of attributes that returns the URI for a BREL, QREL, or BLREL attribute, and display them on the console.
    • Get the collection of the BREL, QREL, or BLREL attribute with the URI and display it on the console. For example, /caisd-rest/chg/40001/act_log.

Best Regards,

Türker

• 6.  Re: CA SDM 17.1 REST API - nr family attribute

Posted Mar 07, 2019 05:42 AM

Thank you all for your help!

As I see, CRUD calls thru RESTful could treat the family extension attributes as normal attributes. Not as another table. 

For me this is far from an optimal solution. 

thanks again to all!!