CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Assignee shows all contacts

• 1.  Assignee shows all contacts

Posted Feb 18, 2019 04:11 AM

Hy team,

When we create a new ticket and assign group to that ticket, assignee which is by default selected as reported by vanishes in 14.1 and we are able to select assignee from that group as well as other contact by clicking on search button on assignee.

But when we do same thing in  17.1 its not the same as in 14.1 when we select group it doesn't remove the by default selected assignee which is reported by and also when we click on assignee search it shows all the contacts present in the system instead of showing the members which belong to that group and then after searching shows the all contacts.

We are using 17.1 version and this is causing issue

Kindly help me in this matter.

• 2.  Re: Assignee shows all contacts

Posted Feb 18, 2019 04:27 AM

Please see the final comments on this thread: another behavior in R17.1 in selection group and assignee? where you will find both KB000117906 and a screen shot of the new Options Manager entry allowing 'group_assignee_independent' to be adjusted.  Hope that's what you're looking for.

Regards,

James

• 3.  Re: Assignee shows all contacts

Posted Feb 18, 2019 04:47 AM

I won’t be able to open the link

Regards,

Bakhtawar Butt

Officer Technical Service Desk | ITSM /ITG

Information Technology Group

3rd Floor, MCB Building, Nila Gumbad , Lahore

Landline: +92 42 323 0 4610 | IPT: 042-4610

• 4.  Re: Assignee shows all contacts

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 18, 2019 05:27 AM

• 5.  Re: Assignee shows all contacts

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 18, 2019 04:39 AM

Hi Bakhtawar,

I have tested this behavior in house and it seems to be working as per OTB behavior. Below are the steps I have followed to reproduce the behavior, Let me know If I have deviated in any step that you might want to correct me

1. Logged into SDM (17.1 + RU02)

2. Created a ticket and noted the assignee is already filled with service Desk account

3. Edit the group filed to add a group - Failed to get a group

4. Cleared the assignee filed value(empty now).

5. Selected a required group - Successful

6. Assignee lookup gave me all the assignees that belonged to that selected Group.

Note: Verified the behavior on 14.1 (Latest RU2 Patch Level) and I see the same exact behavior as in 17.1

• 6.  Re: Assignee shows all contacts

Posted Feb 18, 2019 04:55 AM

Hi Maheswar,

Thanks for reply

In 14.1 we dont have to remove the assignee as when i put the group it automatically cleared the assignee field.

And assignee lookup gave me all the assignee's that belonged to that selected Group and if i want to make any other contact as an assignee we write his name in assignee field and then search it shows me the his name as we can select it as assignee.

• 7.  Re: Assignee shows all contacts

Posted Feb 18, 2019 04:57 AM

But when we try to do same thing in 17.1 after selecting group when we try to select assignee it shows me all the contacts which are part of that group as well as which are not part

• 8.  Re: Assignee shows all contacts

Posted Feb 18, 2019 04:59 AM

i want same behavior as in 14.1 that first it shows me the group members that are part of that group and then after searching the member which are not part of that group show that member

• 9.  Re: Assignee shows all contacts

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 18, 2019 05:28 AM

Its not the case in my environment where I am not able to see any analyst list outside the group members selected. What patch level are you with 17.1 environment?

• 10.  Re: Assignee shows all contacts

Posted Feb 18, 2019 06:02 AM

RU1 as well as RU2 both are using

• 11.  Re: Assignee shows all contacts

Posted Feb 18, 2019 11:17 PM

Now what we will do ? We have applied both patches.

• 12.  Re: Assignee shows all contacts

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 19, 2019 04:47 AM

Have you cleared the cache (pdm_webcache) using the pdm commands? Did you try to reproduce the behavior once again?