Source option is not available in 17.1

Bakhtawar Butt

Bakhtawar ButtFeb 18, 2019 06:05 AM

Bakhtawar Butt

Bakhtawar ButtFeb 19, 2019 05:00 AM

• 1.  Source option is not available in 17.1

Posted Feb 18, 2019 05:58 AM

Hi Team,

We want source drop down field when we create a new ticket. In version 14.1 we have this field but now in ca 17.1 we don't have this field. In CA 14.1 we use zsource_of contact attribute for source drop down but in 17.1 we don't have such attribute for source and we don't know which attribute is used for this purpose? 

How we make this field in 17.1? Our requirement is that after clicking drop down menu it shows us " Phone,Email and Empty" 

How can we achieve this in 17.1 Please guide me

• 2.  Re: Source option is not available in 17.1

Posted Feb 18, 2019 06:05 AM

I am inserting snapshot so that you can see clearly. We don't have " zsouce of contact" attribute in Ca sdm17.1..So what do we do ? what attribute do we use?

• 3.  Re: Source option is not available in 17.1

Posted Feb 18, 2019 06:06 AM

PF snapshot. In 17.1 it doesn't show any "zsource of contact" attribute.The attributes that it shows are attached in snapshot.What do we do now?

• 4.  Re: Source option is not available in 17.1

Posted Feb 18, 2019 06:16 AM

Hi Bakhtawar,

This sounds like a schema and form customization that was done on your specific install for the r14.1 environment. We'll not have much to say at the moment until we get more details from you. So...

1. Did you do an in place upgrade\migration (SWINGBOX) from r14.1 to r17.1 or you did a new installation?

2. If you did an in-place upgrade\migration (SWINGBOX), then the customization should still be in place and it is just a question of using WSP to paint the field back on the form. Otherwise you will need to check how this was defined in r14.1 and mimic same for r17.1.

3. A quick check to see how this was defined would be to run the below command on the r14.1 as it will give us some context and good place to start:

bop_sinfo -dq cr | find "zsource_of contact"

Alternatively check for the definition of this field in the WSP.mods file.

Drop us a screen print of the DOS command output. Only then, will we be able in a position to advice on a possible way forward...

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 5.  Re: Source option is not available in 17.1

Posted Feb 18, 2019 06:29 AM

zsource of contact is available in 14.1 and have value Email, Phone and Null.

But we don't have such attribute in 17.1 so how do we check ?

• 6.  Re: Source option is not available in 17.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 18, 2019 06:47 AM

The above is part of your customization fields. You should redo your 17.1 version with these customization to get those fields.

• 7.  Re: Source option is not available in 17.1

Posted Feb 18, 2019 07:01 AM

we have run that command but it is not showing any output .

command runs and no output is showing

• 8.  Re: Source option is not available in 17.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 18, 2019 07:05 AM

Add the screenshot of what command are you trying and the output screenshot of the command?

• 9.  Re: Source option is not available in 17.1

Posted Feb 18, 2019 07:13 AM

i am using bop_sinfo -dq cr | find "zsource_of contact" command and after running it shows nothing 

• 10.  Re: Source option is not available in 17.1

Posted Feb 18, 2019 07:37 AM

The command will not return anything if the field you gave us was incorrect in the first place.

You can modify it to look like this: bop_sinfo -dq cr | find "z". It will then return all the custom added fields on the r14.1 install.

Alternatively upload the WSP.mods file from same (r14.1) environment for review. It will have the same info the command would show.

You can also read the information documented on the below URL to add it yourself on the r17.1 install:

How to Modify Schema Using Web Screen Painter - CA Service Management - 17.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 11.  Re: Source option is not available in 17.1

Posted Feb 19, 2019 05:00 AM

After running command we have above screenshot

• 12.  Re: Source option is not available in 17.1

Posted Feb 19, 2019 05:06 AM

kindly check now. We have run that command on 14.1 version

• 13.  Re: Source option is not available in 17.1

Posted Feb 19, 2019 05:49 AM

Hi Bakhtawar,

1. According to the output, you need to create a new table namely (zsource). This seems like the custom table that holds the "Phone,Email and Empty" records. Once the table is created you will then need to load the records via pdm_load.

2. You will need to create zsource_of_contact as a field on the Call_Req table (cr) as a reference (SREL) to the zsource table.

3. Once the table (zsource) and field (zsource_of_contact) have been added to the schema, you should be able to add a dropdown field on the detail_cr.htmpl form. You can copy this line directly from your r14.1 form.

Unfortunately, we can't do this for you. I have already provided a link to the relevant documentation you can use to achieve this in my last update.

===

Kind Regards,

Brian 

• 14.  Re: Source option is not available in 17.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 19, 2019 06:41 AM

HI Bakhtavar,

As mentioned earlier by myself and Brian, You are missing on your customization. You need to complete/Redo your customization for your existing functionality to work as before.

• 15.  Re: Source option is not available in 17.1

Posted Feb 19, 2019 06:47 AM

Okay Brian and Maheshwar , Let me do the customization by creating new table as you said. If i have any query then i will ask you for help.

• 16.  Re: Source option is not available in 17.1

Posted Mar 06, 2019 06:17 AM

Hi Bakhtawar,

Did you manage to this working or you still need assistance from the Community?

===

Kind Regards,

Brian