Symantec Privileged Access Management

• 1.  Not able to access Linux server account.  Error: PAM-UI-1202

Posted Feb 20, 2019 06:31 AM

Hi, 

I am getting  Error: PAM-UI-1202: Error getting access credentials: communication failure while accessing Linux target account.

password is rotating  successfully, but not able to access the account.

i have cleared the cache memory on PAM client and I have tried restarting the cluster, still it is prompting same issue.

CA PAM version : 3.2.0.331.

Please let me know how to solve this issue.

Regards,

Rushikesh.

• 2.  Re: Not able to access Linux server account.  Error: PAM-UI-1202
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 20, 2019 11:28 AM

Hi Rushikesh, This is not a unique error that would have a known solution. We would need a lot more details on the problem. How is PAM implemented, standalone, single-site or multi-site cluster? Does the problem happen for all target accounts? Is it happening all the time or is it erratic? Is there any difference between using the PAM client and a browser like IE to access PAM? Is the problem observed when trying to view and account password, or when trying to use it for auto-login, or both? Overall, this is not suited for a community thread, but better dealt with in the context of a technical support case. Please raise a support case and a support engineer will work with you on the details.

Also, you are way behind in product maintenance. The latest maintenance release is 3.2.4. Please consider updating your PAM implementation.