DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Monitoring memory on as400

Posted Feb 20, 2019 04:25 PM

Hi everyone.

I installed the robot to as400 OS, but i don't know if is possible monitoring the memory. I deploy the sysstat probe but I don't see the option for monitoring memory.

Any idea?

• 2.  Re: Monitoring memory on as400

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 20, 2019 07:18 PM

You can monitor Memory on your AS/400 devices using the sysstat probe.
    You can do this defining Storage Pool profiles. The following storage pool variables are available in the sysstat probe for you to monitor on your AS/400 for "Memory" usage metrics (a storage Pool variable defines the value for a specified ‘Storage Pool’)"

Pool.*MACHINE.Usage
    PoolDefault.Usage

For more inforation see the Statistics Variables section of the systat IM Configuration Wili page 
    v1.1 sysstat IM Configuration->Statistics Variables

• 3.  Re: Monitoring memory on as400

Posted Feb 25, 2019 02:31 PM

Hi Kathryn thanks for your support.

Can you help me identify or confirmation if the variable that I am selecting are correct?

PercProcessingUnitUsed ---> This variable is metric of Utilization Percent CPU?
    Pool. 1.DatabasePages ---> This variable take metric of use of paging file ?

You have some document where can I see the reference between metrics like cpu, disk, mem, metrics conventional and metrics of as400.

for example:

Pool.*MACHINE.Usage -- PoolDefault.Usage ----> % Utilization Memory

PercProcessingUnitUsed ---> % Utilization CPU

I am sorry for all question but I am new on the world as400.

Best Regards.

M.E

• 4.  Re: Monitoring memory on as400

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 25, 2019 05:38 PM

M.E -

Unfortunately, I am not an AS/400 admin so my assistance is going to be limited:

Your example is correct as far as I understand:

Pool.*MACHINE.Usage -- PoolDefault.Usage ----> % Utilization Memory

PercProcessingUnitUsed ---> % Utilization CPU

As to where you would find memory paging metrics, I do not know for sure if Pool. 1.DatabasePages would provide these metrics or not.  Your AS/400 admin should be able to help you with this.