Layer7 API Management

• 1.  NTLM Configuration in LDAP Wizard

Posted Feb 25, 2019 02:11 PM

I'm trying to setup the NTLM configuration as part of step 5 of the LDAP Identity Provider Wizard process. I've verified that my LDAP connection is working. However, when I click the Test Connection button after configuring the NTLM settings I'm always receiving a message stating "Failed to connect to Netlogon Service!" 

After going through the configuration process it seems that I may not be understanding some of the settings correctly based on the documentation and I'd like some clarification to see if I'm putting the correct values in the required fields based on the following information:

The Domain is: contoso.com

The Service Account is: Contoso\APIGWSvc

The API Gateway is accessed at: https://apigw.contoso.com:9443

The server name of the API Gateway according to nslookup: servicea.contoso.com

Based on that information I would assume the following fields would have these values:

Server Name: servicea.contoso.com

Service Account:APIGWSvc$@contoso.com

Service Password: Password of the service account configured in active directory

Domain Netbios Name: Currently I have this set as contoso.com, is this correct? 

Host Netbios Name: Would this be the Service Account? I'm confused based on the description of this field according to the documentation. 

• 2.  Re: NTLM Configuration in LDAP Wizard

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 26, 2019 06:10 PM
      |   view attached

Good evening,

The issue appears that the account needs to be a computer account not a service account (Creating a Computer Account for NTLM Authentication - CA API Gateway - 9.3 - CA Technologies Documentation ) 

Update: Added a short video on how to enable NTLM for inbound client connections.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Broadcom Support

• 3.  Re: NTLM Configuration in LDAP Wizard

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 05, 2019 12:12 PM

Good morning,

Did the information provided help address the question that you opened?

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Broadcom Support

• 4.  Re: NTLM Configuration in LDAP Wizard

Posted Mar 05, 2019 12:45 PM

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for sending this over, that addressed the questions I had. I will give this a try to see if this resolves the issues I'm having with setting this up. 

• 5.  Re: NTLM Configuration in LDAP Wizard

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 11, 2019 11:19 AM

Hi,

Did the answers on this thread answered your question? If it did please mark it as the right answer.
    When your question is not answered or you still have additional questions please let us know.

With Kind Regards
    Dirk